Phantom Class Forum

• June 02, 2024, 03:24:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eastern Series 2012 - your views required!!  (Read 1681 times)

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
Eastern Series 2012 - your views required!!
« on: October 25, 2011, 07:00:56 PM »

Hi,

I am presently putting together dates and events etc. for next year.  During the course of the season I've had various comments made regarding the circuit and whilst I have accepted these as being the strong views of those that made them, if I planned a circuit with sea venues, no small ponds, no weekends, no rivers, no bank holidays and fewer one day events - we wouldn't have any events!!

So far I've got events planned/confirmed for the following venues :-

Alton Water, Up River, Creeksea, Stone, Waveney and Oulton Broad, Hickling.  In addition I know that Clive at Minnis Bay is trying to get a "summer" style date this year and Hunts will be letting me know in due course what they can offer.

Can I please have feedback from the "regulars" as to what you'd like next year?  If you haven't been to an event then why not?  What would you find appealing to drag you away from your club?

Here are some ideas.

Do I try to get Brightlingsea back on the list?  What about Southwold? 
Snettisham was a great venue but few went - a real shame.
Walton and Frinton - I hear rumours of a new fleet?  Is that why Martin has not been sighted?

Speak now or forever hold your wotsit!
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

jez_Southwold

• Southwold Sailing Club
Re: Eastern Series 2012 - your views required!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 08:35:36 PM »

My views.

a mix of venues is great, and it means the winner proves they are the worthy king of the East by sailing consistently on sea, pond and estuary, an even balance of venues would be good (3 sea, 3 pond, 3 estuary?)

Avoiding consecutive weekends (I think we had 3 in a row at the start this year) would maximise attendance as I think in the current economic climate alot of people can't justify travelling more than once/month.

And as the summer is best for sea breezes I'd prefer sea venues through June - August and ponds/estuaries at either end of the season.

For me if you added Minnis, Brightlingsea Southwold and a North Norfolk venue during the summer your current list looks about right.

With Walton and Hunts that would be an even balance of 4 ponds, 4 estuaries and 4 sea venues.. although I accept this might be too many events..
Jez - 1259 "Sweet Chariot"

'One-Pint'

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:47:27 PM »

Chris

An unenviable task indeed! I had had every intention of sailing several events this year or at least enough to qualify. The way things fell, they either clashed with other domestic events or were all weekend commitments, more than I could sign up to. I am minded to concentrate on club sailing next year but thank you for all you are doing.

Andrew
4 Ply

Little Monster

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 09:12:01 PM »

Chris

Thanks for all your efforts.

I think a balance or 3 sea, 3 pond and 3 estuary is about right but would include the East Coast Champs in the series.

Spacing the events is always difficult but perhaps 3 events every two months making sure that there is only one event in June and September so that we can fit the Euro Cup and the Nats in.

Looking forward to whatever is put forward.

Cheers

Ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up