Phantom Class Forum

• April 27, 2024, 09:31:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slightly Leaky Hull?  (Read 736 times)

essexbloke

Slightly Leaky Hull?
« on: August 19, 2022, 11:18:53 AM »

Hey all - I've not been on for quite a while - but here we are again...  I've recently noticed that my hull is starting to drink some of the lake - it's not horrific and I'm not sinking yet, but it's in the region of a pint or so over an hour so definitely more than should be inside!  I've inspected the hull & cockpit & found no obvious holes or cracks around the waterline, bungs are in/ok and the slot gasket is intact and in good order (again no obvious cracks/holes either).  Has anyone experienced this?  Is there somewhere "common" that is often attributed to a leak that isn't as obvious?  Any help is appreciated in solving the mystery...  Thanks in advance.
Ian Hill

Phil_1193

• Administrator
Re: Slightly Leaky Hull?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 04:55:35 PM »

Fittings can leak, pintle fixings maybe loose and letting in water.

Also the hull and deck seam on the transom can slpit if knocked but not always noticable, tip the boat up with the water in it so it runs to the stern and see if you can see it coming out anywhere

Final option is screw a schrader valve into a hatch cover, throw in a smoke bomb, close the hatch cover and lightly pressurise with a bike pump, this should force the smoke out of any holes
HTH
Pages: [1]   Go Up