Phantom Class Forum

• April 16, 2024, 08:40:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: South East Series 2021  (Read 2376 times)

Chris Shelton

South East Series 2021
« on: November 15, 2020, 03:29:37 PM »

UPDATED 15/03/2021
Thanks to Covid-19 the first ever South East Phantom Series was a complete non-event. However we are not deterred and, government rules permitting, have planned a series of South East Open meetings for 2021. We have gone for a similar format/number of events to those planned for 2020. Depending on how well events are supported, the series can be developed over future years to favour the most popular venues.

Confirmed dates are currently:
4th/5th April - Shoreham SC Postponed/cancelled due to Covid restrictions
22nd/23rd May - Downs SC
19th/20th June - Broadstairs SC
4th/5th September - Lee-on-the-Solent (joint with Club Regatta)
2nd October - Felpham SC (joint with Finn class)
23rd October - Broadwater SC (joint with South West region)

Everything will be subject to the latest Covid restrictions, so please keep an eye on this Forum page for the latest news.

Chris Shelton
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 07:56:24 PM by Chris Shelton »

The Belgian

Re: South East Series 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 04:41:52 PM »

Thanks Chris,
Things looking good for getting back to open meetings next year. Shoreham should be on ok and hope Felpham is confirmed. Joint open at Broadwater in October as was planned this year would be great too.
Ivan 1454

Jez1379

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 10:20:11 PM »

Broadwater is confirmed for 23rd October. All welcome. Shoreham will be good and I will try and do Felpham and Lee too.
Jeremy 1472

gordon Kingston

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 02:13:18 PM »

Hi Guys
Sorry Lee date is gong to have to change looking like 17th/18th July. 17TH would be club line starts then Sunday Committee boat with the Aero's.
Interesting 3rd and 4th July is Lymington Dinghy Regatta would that be something we could use? Maybe as a joint east/ west event?
Regards
Gordon

Chris Shelton

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 09:24:59 PM »

Assuming the South West region do not object, I plan to ad Broadwater to the South East series on 23rd October. Thanks to Jeremy for adding the details to the forum.
Inevitably there seems to be some changes required to my earlier set of dates. These are still being negotiated with the various clubs so please keep a look out on this forum page for the latest information.
I have also heard of a potential additional venue/event at Broadstairs. If anybody reading this post is either from Broadstairs SC or can provide more information please can they contact me via the Class Contacts page on the website.
Chris

The Belgian

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 08:16:45 PM »

I think Broadstairs SC is in the Eastern region Chris...
Ivan 1454

Cabbage

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 02:32:41 PM »

Assuming the South West region do not object, I plan to ad Broadwater to the South East series on 23rd October. Thanks to Jeremy for adding the details to the forum.
Inevitably there seems to be some changes required to my earlier set of dates. These are still being negotiated with the various clubs so please keep a look out on this forum page for the latest information.
I have also heard of a potential additional venue/event at Broadstairs. If anybody reading this post is either from Broadstairs SC or can provide more information please can they contact me via the Class Contacts page on the website.
Chris
No objections from me - As far as I'm concerned anything we can do to boost numbers at open meetings, and make it more worthwhile for the host club, is a good thing
Rich

Chris Shelton

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 11:20:34 AM »

Dates have now been confirmed for 6 events throughout the season. If we manage to sail all 6, then the best 4 results will be used to calculate an overall series total.
Please see the first post in this section for the dates and venues. Please also keep a regular watch on this section of the Forum for last minute changes due to the current Covid restrictions.

Chris Shelton

Chris Shelton

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 08:00:52 PM »

It is with regret that the first event of the 2021 South East Series at Shoreham SC has had to be postponed/cancelled due to the Government's Covid travel restrictions. We will try to find an alternative date later in the year.
Under the current Covid "Roadmap", the second event at Downs SC (Deal, Kent) is still scheduled to take place on the weekend of 22nd/23rd May.

Chris Shelton

Chris Shelton

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 09:18:19 PM »

The first event in the South East Series is this coming weekend at Downs SC, Deal, Kent. Everything is organised for 3 races Saturday afternoon (first start 14.00hrs) followed by a BBQ in the evening. A further 3 races will follow on Sunday morning (first start 10.00hrs). We already have a number of pre-entries so it is looking like a good turnout.
If you have not been to Downs SC before, the post code for the club is CT14 7DY and I suggest you have a look at the satlellite image on Google Maps. From Dover take the A258 to Deal and follow the road downhill through Walmer. Keep going untill the buildings stop on the right hand side of the road and you see an open grass area. Turn right at the RNLI Walmer Lifeboat Station and drive slowly across the grass (watching out for pedestrians and dogs) and park in front of the clubhouse. Members will then give you further instructions. If you want to arrive on the Friday evening the club will be open from about 18.00hrs until about 21.00hrs.

Chris Shelton
Pages: [1]   Go Up