Phantom Class Forum

• May 01, 2024, 06:35:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Holland and back  (Read 1773 times)

The Belgian

To Holland and back
« on: June 03, 2020, 04:21:22 PM »

Some may not be aware as I wasn't cos we don't do Facebook, talk is taking place about going to Medemblik in Holland for and open event. We need 20 boats for our own start in the 2021 Spring Regatta. I'm told its a medieval town so nice for non sailors too !!
Can I suggest anyone with a genuine interest in going add to the list here where everyone has access...
1. Ivan Wash 1454

gordon Kingston

Re: To Holland and back
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 01:07:48 PM »

I would prefer Carnac or Lake Garda. The foods and wine are better!

The Belgian

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 02:15:43 PM »

Or do them all and call it a European series to promote the class. I'm sure Ovington would like some extra sales. I don't mind running their new European operation if they get an office on Lake Garda with a balcony flat above !!
Ivan 1454

Jon Shaw

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 02:53:43 PM »

Thanks Ivan. I stuck my hand up when a foreign event came up at the nationals, and would consider anything that there are decent numbers at and lasts long enough to be worth the journey. Medemblik is definitely an easier proposition than Garda - for those of us who have a long day's travel to get to a point we can leave these islands from. For anyone else without facebook, the Medemblik date is 2-6 June 2021.

In other news, if the committee are looking for late season events that are a fair distance to travel, East Lothian YC are considering dates in September and October in the hope we can rearrange our 2020 regatta. Only six needed for a fleet start, and though it is a shared course the ROs are getting slicker at keeping the fleets apart using long trapezoids with loops in them.

I suspect it will be too close to the nationals for most (if either event actually happens), but it would be nice to show the Scottish solo traveller fleet what they are missing up close. It is a fine bit of water/family holiday destination, just with a bit of a lack of van parking/camping right near the club (loads of vans at the other end of the prom in most years)...

I don't think any of the proposed 2 day events on the Northern circuit for this year are still a possibility, but hard to tell as they only use facebook. It's a shame for me but most of the regular Northern sailors prefer one day events, it seems.

All of which is a roundabout way of saying I'm keen to do some sailing somewhere with lots of phantoms, so put me on the list in brackets, for now.

Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up