Phantom Class Forum

• April 30, 2024, 04:37:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whatsapp  (Read 2161 times)

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
Whatsapp
« on: January 23, 2020, 09:14:25 PM »

Hi,

What is the consensus on whether a Whatsapp group for the Phantom Class would be useful, a buggeration or best avoided??

We are also looking at sorting out whether the Class has a Facebook Group and Page or just one of either.  It's all become a bit confusing.  The regional FB groups seem to work well for chat and banter but we need to have  a clear "official" FB presence.

Please therefore keep an eye out for any FB changes that we post in this regard....
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

MattButler

Re: Whatsapp
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 09:44:52 PM »

Hi Chris

From my experience they are a useful tool for comms but with large groups it can be difficult to keep track of what people are actually saying and what might be relevant to you - which means people stop looking at them (or just mute) so they aren't as useful anymore!

I am trying to keep the Northern FB page up to date with new content, so if there's anything to be done to tie that in with national pages etc, happy to help.
Matt Butler
1346 'Maud'

Olly

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 05:14:25 PM »

I’d say it’s a good idea.
I’m a member if a few of them and they are useful for info and communication.
So I’d be in favour
Olly Hopkins

gordon Kingston

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 02:06:09 PM »

Ok I don't use WHATS app but my concern would be, things being put on the whats app but not on here as happens with facebook at present.
Not all members use these various different formats and would only look at the web site for info.
The forum on this site use to be the place for all banter and info and was used by the vast majority now its dead mostly.

maxibuddah

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 09:42:18 AM »

That seems to be the issue everywhere Gordon now. People want a instant response and to an extent Facebook offers that in an easier to use format than a forum. WhatsApp is the next move on from Facebook as a more instant communication tool.

I think the forum, while outdated, still has its benefits. It’s useful for technical resources where it’s easier to find answers, the sort that get lost within the noise in Facebook, even though that has search facilities. It’s time to accept that maybe the forum is dead for normal banter as people have moved on.

There is a phantom Facebook group which is more useful for chat than the page, which is more of an information portal. However as can be seen there are then splinter groups for the regions. I don’t see what you can do to stop this as anyone can set up a group. It’s a shame that it’s not all on the main phantom group as that gets isolated and without chat makes the class look like there’s no communication going on. Can the regional groups be brought back into the main group to consolidate, it would certainly make the class look busier than it currently does
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up