Phantom Class Forum

• May 01, 2024, 02:19:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: for 2020  (Read 2248 times)

stevepopple

for 2020
« on: October 03, 2019, 07:03:09 PM »

now that we have established North, East, Midland & Southern would Regional Reps consider a relaunch of our National series to hopefully raise numbers etc ? for simplicity perhaps use final positions taken from one nominated regional series event (irrespective of how many days\races sailed) in each of our four regions. 3 from 4 to count with an agreed tiebreak format etc
Venues to rotate annually

Steve

maxibuddah

Re: for 2020
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 01:32:11 PM »

Steve,
would be worth creating a poll or survey to ascertain whether people would support it properly before commiting to it. It didn't really didn't take off that much last time when the class was more buoyant, would it now? It may well work but if it is just done and people don't back it up then it makes the class look bad.
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

stevepopple

Re: for 2020
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 10:11:11 AM »

Hello Maxibuddah ?
I thought that by asking Regional Reps to consider a relaunch whilst this season has some events left it gave them opportunity to gauge opinions amongst their cohorts. Thus a poll of sorts was being offered.
It seemed to me that the inaugural year 2015 had a good take up. Titch won I think ? The concept did fizzle out the following year - if I recall correctly results weren't updated and by Shoreham Open (mid 2016) a "where are we with this" mindset evolved. I have always felt in whichever class I've sailed that prompt results & reports benefits the class. Sponsors, competitors & organisers appreciate that too.
No criticism intended but sometimes tis easier not to do than do - in a similar vein having personally gauged owners opinion (in 2019) offering Phantom tryouts at our Opens does has legs. However, the Committee 's support was tepid at best so I didn't pursue.  The Committee see the bigger picture and perhaps felt that informal tryouts isn't the way forward.
A four event series alongside circuits events is not onerous insofar as results are concerned if overall positions are used

Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up