Phantom Class Forum

• April 19, 2024, 06:36:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weston Open for single Handers  (Read 2410 times)

gordon Kingston

Weston Open for single Handers
« on: July 05, 2019, 08:11:31 AM »

Hi
WOSH is 17th and 18th August as we have no event in August in the south we could declare it the unofficial Solent Champs. Any body else up for it?
Regards
Gordon
1465 Seacreature

The Belgian

Re: Weston Open for single Handers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 06:24:58 PM »

Hi Gordon,
A good idea but I thought that the fleet wanted less events to boost attendance at remaining opens. I tried to get an August one on this year but there was no interest even for Lyme Regis...
Ivan 1454

gordon Kingston

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 02:17:45 PM »

A disappointing turnout of just 2 but both of us wanted extra time in the boat. Martin with his new ship to get used to it and me knowing a chance to race 6 races over two days was needed as part of my prep for the Nationals. Martin was quick all weekend and despite breaking a mainsheet block was satisfied with his exploits. I had an outbreak of common sense in the same race as it was gusting something stupid and very short confused chop to close to the Nationals to break a rig.
Would I go to the event again Yes its really local and if you were camping great for a bit of social, racing was good although courses on Saturday had two of the longest reaches I have sailed in a long time.

The Belgian

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 10:04:23 PM »

Well done good result. Glad your boat survived. No club racing again for Shoreham as too much wind but boat still intact for Lee on Solent challenge...
Ivan 1454
Pages: [1]   Go Up