Phantom Class Forum

• May 01, 2024, 10:00:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GJW Direct SailFest, WPNSA, August Bank Holiday 2013  (Read 2670 times)

SailRacer

GJW Direct SailFest, WPNSA, August Bank Holiday 2013
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:29:03 PM »

Phantom Southern Area Champs, 8 Phantoms entered so far.  And now I've extended (kind of) the early booking discount - see below

SailFest is the new annual sailing festival to take place in August each year at Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy (WPNSA), as a continuing legacy of the Olympic Games events held there.  Running from Friday 23rd to Monday 26th August, 3 days of racing on the Olympic waters on 2 or more courses will culminate in a big pursuit race on Bank Holiday Monday.  Winter Series style handicap racing but with fleet starts for any class attracting a significant number of boats, and much more going on besides.  The racing is preceded by a training day on the Friday and will include a Class Association Display in the hangar, shore side displays, tasters, trial sails, activities and live presentation of the on-water action.

Single handers £65
Training day £37 per boat

And, as it is just too cold to think about summer sailing at the moment (in lieu of the £10 early bird discount having just ended) all entries received between now and the end of May will receive a £10 voucher to redeem at the WPNSA cafe during the event.

GJW Direct SailFest at WPNSA, 23rd to 26th August 2013
http://events.sailracer.org/eventsites/default_s.asp?eventid=157188

Cheers,
SailRacer

SailRacer

Re: GJW Direct SailFest, WPNSA, August Bank Holiday 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:44:48 AM »

Hey, there are 10 Phantoms now entered for SailFest and you have your own entry list!

This is no promise of a fleet start yet but well on the way.  Any further entries will appear in the single-hander list till I spot them and move them across so feel  free to prod me if you don't move onto the right list.

Cheers for now

Brenda
Pages: [1]   Go Up