Phantom Class Forum

• June 16, 2024, 11:44:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phantom Open Island Barn Reservoir SC 21/04/2012  (Read 3157 times)

One Life

Phantom Open Island Barn Reservoir SC 21/04/2012
« on: January 11, 2012, 05:09:02 PM »

Dear All.

As some of you are aware I'm pushing the Phantom fleet at Island Barn. As part of this process i have arranged the First ever Phantom Open Meeting at the club. This will be on Saturday 21st April 2012.

Island Barn is a large Reservoir (122 acres)
located in Ray Road, West Molesey, KT8 2LF (About a mile from Hampton Court Bridge on the River Thames).

The resident Phantoms are myself (One Life), Richard Baker (Stretch), Tim (Pro Lube) Andrews, Will Ellison (Not sure of his handle) and Alex (I can sail when Im not monitoring a mid channel weather buoy)Dawson....... So thats 5 who will be there already.

I'd like this to be a success so i can demonstrate to the club that the Phantoms are'nt just a flash in the pan.

So.......here goes.......who can commit... :) :-\ :-\...be useful to know numbers.......Coastbuster and Nick Oram have already said they'll come.......thats 7.................who else??????

Frensham boys......The IBRSC Phantoms will be doing the Frenzy and your Phantom open....... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Regards

Nick - One Life 8)

PS. The new Commodore is looking for a Phantom. He wants a competitive boat.....Any suggestions/ know of any on the market. Be nice if we can get him in one for the open.

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
Re: Phantom Open Island Barn Reservoir SC 21/04/2012
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:53:50 AM »

Nick, Just wrapping up the calendar for 2012 and picked up this post, Thanks Ian...

Is there anyway we can find another date, if you want to maximise the entry we need to avoid a clash, which this does with "Up-River",

See what you can do?

Thanks Titch  :-*
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »

As a former occasional winter member of WOTSC (yes, it was a long time ago) I'd be interested in attending BUT as Eastern rep it clashes with Up River so I can't  :-[

If the date could be changed it may help attendance.

Chris.
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

One Life

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »

Hi Titch.

I spoke to Coastbuster re this date. We had to move it once already because of a clash withe some training that the Frensham guys are going to do.

This is the only date the club  can accommodate early in the year. May is difficult because of other Opens and after that i have difficulties because of the Olympics and getting time off work.

My only other option would be moving it to later in 2012 after the Nationals - (Though I'm not sure if this is possible with the club).

I want to run it with lots of support and obviously not all dates will suit everyone. I'm also conciouss of not wanting to spoil someone elses open which is why i moved it away from the Frensham date.

Perhaps if i could get some indication of who else would come on the April date. I know i've got seven with the home boats, Coastbuster and Nick but obviously no point running it if its not going to be well attended.

CoastBuster, your thoughts please.

How does the 21/04/2012 sit with others?

Regards

Nick
'One Life'

maxibuddah

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 07:41:25 PM »

I'm hoping to do so Nick, and I might be able to get a couple more from our pond up there but won't guarantee it. I think its fair to say that the majority of those who will attend would not have gone to Up River anyway, the only ones that might be missing are people like Chris who may have turned their attentions westward for yours. I would try to canvas opinion from the Burghfield massive, though you will probably need to do direct contact rather than through the forum, a couple of them might be persuaded to travel
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

One Life

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:05:32 PM »

Thanks Ian.
That was my thinking as well...................

With you that would be 8, with a possible further 2 = 10. I think Jeremy, Tim and Bob would come from Frensham - 13. Nick Craig says yes providing he's not booked elsewhere = 14........
Anyone else out there can give me an indication?

gordon Kingston

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 08:43:54 AM »

Hi Nick
I am hoping to make it.
Regards
Gordon
Lee on Solent SC

JeremyH

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 10:42:51 AM »

Hi Nick,
should be good for me ...  just got to be back at Guildford by 6 for a home Ice hockey game ...  no problem :-).  You are right we should be able to get Tim and Bob and Nick C if available and then work on Nick R, Justin, Ian and David .... all of whom have travelled to various Southern circuit Open meetings in the last 2 years .....

maxibuddah

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 10:45:41 AM »

jeremy, is the one armed bandit ok now?
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

One Life

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 01:19:16 PM »

Thanks for that Guys.....With those numbers its definitely viable so it will have to be the 21st April........Sorry Titch........I'll try and make plans earlier next year.............or join Coastbuster in retirement and start arranging mid week events!!!! :D :D :D

JeremyH

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 08:29:40 AM »

jeremy, is the one armed bandit ok now?

Ha ...  he has been spotted doing trolley dolley duty with the cadet fleet on a saturday morning ..  but not much sign of active Phantom sailing in this relatively cold weather!!! 

rb_stretch

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 09:05:39 PM »

Well the good news is that family holidays are booked and I will be in the UK sans family so can join in all of the racing! Just need to get a bit fitter as I'm only used to do one race before bailing out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up