Phantom Class Forum

• March 19, 2024, 10:44:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: where are all the claridge boats  (Read 14329 times)

John Torrance

Re: where are all the claridge boats
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 03:28:11 PM »

You'll need to check with Roger Brown as I beleive he has all the records, that's where I got the numbers from a while back.  He will also be able to tell you if it has been measured and if so send you a valid certificate. Are you sure it is 903 and didn't just use that sail?
I hope this helps.
John

bert

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2011, 03:51:29 AM »

This is a repost from "project" thread in sale & wanted hope it helps

I believe that the boat on e bay "933" is actually 917 & was sold by me & I passed on a sail from 933 to start the chap off.
The hull was dark Red & the mast was from a fireball orginialy.
I aquired the boat from a chap at Creeksea about 1 week before I aquired 933 from Ipwich which would explain how the sail No was mixed up.

Fat Freddy - hope 933 is still going strong & is showing the others round the course.
If you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

'One-Pint'

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 04:33:04 PM »

Good news. Roger has confirmed 903 is a Claridge. He thinks he measured it! How's that? So does that mean there were seven?
4 Ply

Duncw

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 11:29:08 AM »

904 Claridge in action at Hawley Lake
Claridge - 904

Nick1291

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 12:55:16 PM »

897 is at our club (Fishers Green) and sails regularly.

Piemaster

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2018, 01:10:19 PM »

I now own 906.
Picked it up just before Xmas and have  had it out aIt is indeed a lovely thing to sail

Neil 758

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 04:18:21 PM »

Those of you who sail at Castle Cove may have been aware of an old woodie tied to the fence and falling to bits at the back of the dinghy park. My woodie fetish got the better of me and I bought it from Mike at CCSC last October. It's Claridge 905, a lovely ship and the 1995 Nationals winner apparently! I have now completed a 7 month restoration project and its looking a whole lot better. The biggest issue with my last woodie was that it was about half a ton overweight. I put this one on the scales after a complete strip down, dry-out and new paint and it weighed 61.8kg. It will now be a little heavier with the addition of the centreboard, fittings and control lines, but hopefully won't be too far over. I've sailed it a couple of times and it certainly feels a lot lighter and tighter than the old one, but I haven't had the chance to compare performance to other boats in any meaningful way yet.

Alan husk

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2023, 07:59:58 PM »

Claridge Phantom 905,  Neil sold “scorch 905” on to Luke Scott down at Christchurch in 2021. I bought her from Luke in 2022. I am currently undertaking extensive refurbishment work to bring her back up to racing standard. This going to take some time due to the amount of work needed and that I have had knee replacement surgery but I hope to have her ready for sailing in 2024.
So watch this space for updates also the fb classic phantom group.
Regards. Alan.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 08:05:53 PM by Alan husk »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up