Phantom Class Forum

• May 15, 2024, 03:49:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Events  (Read 3709 times)

xphantomphixer

• Spinnaker SC
2010 Events
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »

Is it too soon to ask about the major events in 2010?  I see the Oxford spring/Winter champs but where and when are the inlands and nationals...?

TY Phil

BTW are many planning to do the Bloody Mary next year?
Between Boats.... :( 
Spinnaker SC

SChilds

• Global Moderator
Re: 2010 Events
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »

Nationals at Stone I believe.
Simon
1376- :-)

Bwgan

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 02:13:09 PM »

My 2p

I would like to see a split between Winters & Inlands of one up north and the other down south

I have seen some talk about a traveller series but can’t see anything down on the calendar but could it consist of an event from each of the “fleets”? Northern/Midland/Eastern/South West and the Winters & Inlands?  Something like (Delph/Chase/Hunts/Cotswold)

Currently based in North Wales, I’ve been trying to do as many Northern & Midland events, however haven’t even looked at the other travellers.  But if they were part of the Travellers Series more effort could be made to get to these events and even increase the attendance?

Alex

SChilds

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 02:29:45 PM »

Wasnt that the Super Series concept ??

Wonder where that went.
Simon
1376- :-)

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »

Too soon to start planning opens for next season.  Most clubs plan their sailing events around Feb/Mar at best.

Having organised the Eastern Circuit for several years now I can vouch for the difficulty in keeping everyone happy and working through the best dates etc.  My view is that regional organisers is the way to go.

There have been clashes of events during the year and these have not adversely affected the overall Phantom turnout.  Providing more racing, closer top home clubs has got to be good to cut down travel costs and time - that said, most of us on the Eastern Circuit understand that the whole idea is to support each others events and ensure a good turnout at your home club by visiting guests clubs in return. The underlying theme has also got to be companionship and support (okay, lots of drinking and laughter then....).  I suspect that if an Eastern Series event was planned for Outer Mongolia someone would go there!!

Chris.

Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 11:55:07 AM »

The 2010 comittiee will be comitted to "Organising" the events, trying not to get clashes like this year, but its not always possible ???

This request has come from several members, infact its probably the only taking point we have really had  ::)

I agree entirly with Chris's point about reginal organisers, so we need to get these people lined up by the Nationals so the Comittiee can work with them on the 2010 Travellers, Super Series and Natioanl enents:

Winters (West Oxford?), Inlands (?), National Champs (Stone) and Europeans (Medenblik in Holland?)

I promise to keep you posted with what I know ;)

Titch  :-*
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

Big + Lardy

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 09:12:20 AM »

Titch

****Too clarify****

The Winters 2010 are at Oxford SC (Farmoor) Not West Oxford (Hardwick)

Regards

B & L
Big + Lardy

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 01:36:30 PM »

and the 2010 Inlands  ???
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

Doug

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »

How about somewhere like Alton or Chase? I dont know if Chase is big enough, just thought its in reasonable distance of most people (except me but i dont count!)
Doug Conway

Norman

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 11:29:55 AM »

What about Inlands in the midlands again, Draycote, Rutland, Pitsford (although I never get the shifts right) or Grafham?  Near enough to most people and a big bit of water.

xphantomphixer

• Spinnaker SC
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »

Agreed - would be great.  Did it work OK sharing the venue with another fleet like at Draycote this year??

Phil
Between Boats.... :( 
Spinnaker SC

maxibuddah

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 10:08:25 PM »

Yeah it worked, we got to drink all the free beer while watching the RS300's falling in all over the place....priceless ;D
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up