Phantom Class Forum

• May 14, 2024, 05:37:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rudyard "Snowpen" Meeting  (Read 1638 times)

Pete Evans

Rudyard "Snowpen" Meeting
« on: March 25, 2008, 08:40:33 AM »

Given the weather forecast, it was a surpsrise to get to Rudyard on Sunday morning and find a Phantom already there. Eddie Brooks from Elton had left home in snow and was well down the M6 before he had heard the the radio warning to "keep away from Staffordshire, especially the Moorlands" so kept going!

The Couch turned up a little later and the three of us reviewed proceedings. End result was that Eddie went back up the M6 before he got snowed in. A few hardy club memebers eventualy tunred up so the Easter Regatta was on and I let the Couch show me how good he is...again.

The highlight of the day was the proof of the adage " he who laughs first laughs last".

Having taken the first race from the Couch (I admit, he was late to the line) the second race saw me summon up the energy to hike properly and lead him around the first lap. Now this did cause a little warmth to come into my system and I was pondering taking of my hat to cool down. However, the boat had other ideas for me and kindly released the toe strap adjuster allowing a full backflip head plant into the cold stuff. How ammusing the Couch thought this was you can imagine.

Next race and the Couch is off, giving a display of boat handling in a 20mph blizzard not often seen. Powering down the reach, gust hits, big armfull of mainsheet, big hike, big backflip.

I retired I was so happy!

Thanks to Eddie and all those who thought of coming, hope we can sort out another date that doesnt coincide with winter!

(Jools, ta for the message..... you were in bed and thankfull of the excuse I reckon)

Pages: [1]   Go Up