Phantom Class Forum

• May 06, 2024, 01:14:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sail measurer at Nationals  (Read 2714 times)

Jon Shaw

Sail measurer at Nationals
« on: September 02, 2018, 07:26:42 PM »

Bit late to ask, but I confidently assume that there will be someone at the Nationals who can meaure a new sail, right? If anyone with the appropriate bit of paper is there on Thursday, let me know. I should hopefully be able to get it to the club for then, although I may still be drinking gin on a (slightly) larger boat myself...

Jon

Phil_1193

• Administrator
Re: Sail measurer at Nationals
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 10:53:49 AM »

Jon

Sails can be measured, BUT please remember the committee members carrying out the task have their own boats to prepare, so suggest you get there and arrange for it to be done Thursday when everyone is a little more relaxed.

Download and bring the measurement form with you as there are a few bits that can be filled in beforehand, also don't forget to bring £5 per sail you require measuring, it is also your responsibility to ensure the paperwork and payment is passed to either myself or Matt House, DO NOT expect the person measuring it to deal with the secretarial stuff

Thanks

RHYC 1

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 04:47:34 PM »

And please dont thrust forms and money on me just before we launch. ;)

Matthew

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 07:23:11 PM »

Jon,

Find me when you get there and I'll measure it for you.

Pleased you have got a new sail for Mutley BUT try not to beat me eh?

Have a good journey down and see you there.

Chris.
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

Jon Shaw

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 01:00:48 AM »

Thanks all. I will endeavour to avoid bearing down on any Committee members between races waving a soggy form.

Chris, I can confidently promise not to beat you if it is under 12kts, 13-20 - roll the dice, and once the fun starts I suspect it will be all about who keeps the pointy bit pointing at the sky...

Jon

Cabbage

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 09:37:07 AM »

Hi, I also have a sail to be measured, unfortunately due to work commitments I can't leave Somerset until around midday on Thursday - so hopefully get to Felixstowe around 6pm on Thursday (M25 permitting).
It's not a problem if that's too late, I have another (older) sail I could use, but would be nice if I could get my newer sail measured? I'll bring the form / money just in case.

Thanks in advance, fingers crossed !
Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up