Phantom Class Forum

• May 06, 2024, 01:08:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2018 Nationals Felixstowe Ferry  (Read 6696 times)

Phil_1193

• Administrator
2018 Nationals Felixstowe Ferry
« on: June 27, 2018, 07:35:02 AM »

This years Nationals is at Felixistowe Ferry Sailing Club 7-9 September

The committee have been to the club and preparations are well underway.

Entry is about to go live so keep your eye out for the early bird discount

More details to follow...

Coastbuster

Re: 2018 Nationals Felixstowe Ferry
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 06:02:18 PM »

I am search of a loan boat for a multi class National Champ who wishes to grace us with his presence at the Nationals. I can vouch for his ability at Sailing and he is also not too shabby at drinking.  He is South West based but obviously that leaves a lot of geography between here and the venue
Regards Simon Hawkes

Coastbuster

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 04:08:06 PM »

Thanks to a very kind member a boat has been loaned. Hope to Goodness the wind blows or we are all doomed, doomed I tell ye!!!!!!

Phil_1193

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 06:53:01 AM »

Just to point out, the entry has gone live a couple of days early and we have hit double figures in the first 24 hours, BUT there are only 8-10 campervan spaces available on a STRICTLY first come first served basis and three have already gone!

Don't leave it too late and get stroppy  if you have to park the mobile pikey palace up the road by the golf club because you left it too late to book

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation

gordon Kingston

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 09:11:47 AM »

Hi Phil
I have entered but not put down for a campervan but will be sleeping in my Transit which I can park in a sensible car park.
Is that OK do I need a campervan spot?
Regards
Gordon

Phil_1193

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 02:25:51 PM »

Sleeping in a car/ van is fine in the car park apparently

Its the proper show off vans that are restricted

One Life

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 09:27:35 PM »

One Life just entered.......just got to find my boat.........know I picked it up from JJ................

Neil 758

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 03:27:17 PM »

Only 4 weeks to go till the Nationals. I'm looking forward to it already. Has the format been decided, e.g. 1st start time on Friday, number of races etc? Any other older ships entered? If you know of anyone who has an old Phantom who is considering coming along, you can reassure them that they will definitely have another boat to beat very easily 😀

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 08:26:29 PM »

The format for the Nationals is set out in the promotional poster i.e. Up to 8 races (weather and tidal conditions allowing etc) which would probably mean 2 races on Friday and 3 races on Sat/Sunday.  I can't  confirm the first race start time but it won't be early!

There will be a Classics trophy as usual and all Phantoms are very welcome of course.

Phil is presently on holiday but I know that he will be updating entries shortly and posting on the forum.

Felixstowe is a great venue; camping is next to the club, the town is close by and has all usual tourist features that family might enjoy including a newly refurbished pier and a number of very pleasant Bistro style bars on the seafront.  The beaches are also excellent.

The Association is working closely with the club to ensure we all have a great time on and off the water.

I'd urge anyone with a Phantom to make the effort to attend our premier event.  We had an entry of 55 boats last year and it would be great to see a further increase this year.

Discounted entry is still available I believe....
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

Olly

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 09:13:35 PM »

I'd urge anyone with a Phantom to make the effort to attend our premier event.  We had an entry of 55 boats last year and it would be great to see a further increase this year.

Let’s hope so Chris. Unfortunately I’m currently the only one of the 5 bowmoor boats due to attend but unfortunately that’s not 100% confirmed
Olly Hopkins

gordon Kingston

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 12:30:04 PM »

HI Chris
Does the club have space for a non sailor to sit and tell everybody how he would have done but for (list of injuries is currently long and some boxxocks about coming down a steep hill with his arxe hanging out on a bike if that can be believed more likely he fell of a bar stool while pist). Also he is now lending his boat to some supercharged lightweight fish he will wup us all if its light. Is having a fish in a boat legal?

He will also need a vast space for his mobile drugs cabinet. The only good thing is he might bring the lovely Jan.

Get well soon Simon.
Gordon

The Belgian

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 04:40:16 PM »

Heard all about it last night Simon,
Very unlucky and hope you repair soon. Mr T I know was looking forward to challenging the paunch at the Nationals.
Hope your fit in time for Salcombe. Cycling is meant to be good for you !!

Ģood luck
Ivan 1300

Coastbuster

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2018, 01:05:32 PM »

I thank you all for your concerns. I am mending slowly but have to advise you Gordon it would appear I am now dealing with the reports! That being the case and having a strong influence on the public perception of what was previously thought of as a fine upstanding citizen (yourself just to avoid confusion) I would suggest in future your think carefully about denigrating my ability when under the influence to remain on a bar stool! The cycling bit I can forgive. For the sake of your reputation Gordon you may feel the need to visit the stationers and see if they do Basildon Bond in beige. After a lifetime of reporting the the truth I find the effects of morphine and potentially beer ease my conscience and you may be at the head of the queue for some injustice. I look forward to seeing you all at Felixstowe👻 ⛵️😜

Phil_1193

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 06:00:09 PM »

SIs were agreed between the association and the club a few weeks ago and I believe are on the FFSC website along with the NOR (although I haven't looked)

Chris R has done some exceptional work behind the scenes with sponsorship

Vicky W has done the sewing on the feebies all entries are getting and she has given the association some prozes to give away which is a real boost.

As above Mr W Shakespear has been employed for the daily reports and camera work, so no doubt a few beers will improve your race report

Holiday and work has got in the way, but list of current entrants will be going up in the next 24hrs, we do need to knock a few of the fence sitters onto the right side of the fence, so if you know of any give them a kick

Cabbage

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2018, 12:03:29 PM »

Can anyone confirm if the SI's and NoR are actually available please? I just looked on the FFSC and couldn't find them?
Rich
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up