Phantom Class Forum

• May 06, 2024, 06:52:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nationals video footage?  (Read 2973 times)

Neil 758

Nationals video footage?
« on: October 21, 2017, 02:46:41 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has any more on-board video footage from the Nationals, other than the excellent official class video from Mr Hawkes. I'm trying to work out how to make the mighty 758 go a bit faster, so looking for on-board helming footage to see what I should improve on with my own techniques.

Ian stone

Re: Nationals video footage?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »

Neil 758

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 12:34:49 PM »

Thanks Ian, that's exactly what I was looking for - very helpful. Now I also have something worthwhile to look at while my wife and kids are watching X-factor or some other such rubbish. Cheers!

gordon Kingston

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 12:28:35 PM »

Hi Ian
Just had a look and I would definitely replace your slot gasket if you haven't already.
Good footage, To show a different prospective all mine was shot with the camera facing aft which is what you see on Coast busters official video.
So not much use to you Neil, sorry. You should note Ian is not the smallest guy so you would need a lot more rake and kicker than him.
Regards
Gordon

Ian stone

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:56:13 PM »

Yeah thank's Gordon, i got it replaced at p and b whilst my boat was getting repaired.

Ian

Coastbuster

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 08:37:33 PM »

Hi Ian. Enjoyed the video. Sorry that there was so much of me in the video we produced. Wish we could have used some of yours,especially the reaching stuff. Re the slot gasket, mine does that at speed with me sat right at the back, I think the straight cut gasket collapses under pressure as you move back at speed. I normally have overlap on the gasket as it goes back but haven’t got round to it yet. Hope you are back on the water and your boat is repaired.
Pages: [1]   Go Up