Phantom Class Forum

• May 18, 2024, 11:19:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOR, Cost and Numbers of Races!  (Read 2523 times)

OultonBen

NOR, Cost and Numbers of Races!
« on: July 19, 2017, 11:56:12 AM »

Clearly I'm being incredibly stupid and cannot see beyond end of my nose, but ...... where is the Nationals' Notice-of-Race ?
I see an entry-page at http://www.phantomclass.org.uk/events/phantom-nationals-2017-highcliffe-sailing-club.
Gordon scares me with the thought of too many races per day (creaky knees here!);  where does he see that info ?
Also I need to decide whether to travel Thursday or Friday,  depending on start-times.
What's on for £130 entry fee ?  Even Weymouth's standard charge is only £25 per day; so based on previous data, that's ~£5k profit to the club (wow !).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:07:13 PM by Clive »
My Head Hurts !

Phil_1193

• Administrator
Re: Re: Nationals Entries list so far
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 02:22:47 PM »

Ben

This isn't the correct place to discuss this so will ask Clive to move your question into separate thread, BUT

If you read the poster thats on the front page of this very website and was sent out as a mail shot (assuming your email address is upto date??) you will see the £130 entry is discounted to £100 if you pay before 4th August, most pay before the cut off. After PayPal fees the association gets about £96 per entry

Entry includes, upto 8 races, as pointed out on previous thread, 2 breakfasts and 2 evening meals, plus every competitor gets a memento

Don't forget the class association also has to pay for trophys, race prizes and thank you drinks and the entry fee to the club running the event, as I'm sure you are well aware from your time on the committee

Not sure how you've come to a £5k figure, but if you take your example of £25 per day, thats £75 per boat for the 3 days, add in the food, you can see why the cost charged by the host club  is close to £100 per person BEFORE the extras the association pay for are added in.

As a committee we do not want to keep increasing the nationals cost, its been the same for the last 3 or 4 years, the class association does not run the nationals to make a proift, we aim to break even. Last year we came out about £150 in the black. However this year Highcliffe want considerably more to run the event, hence why we are actively chasing sponsorship for the event.

Pete is currently putting the final touches on the NOR with Highcliffe and it will be published in the next week or so

Trust this answers your questions, but if you would like any further info please feel free to contact me directly
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:24:58 PM by Phil_1193 »

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
Re: Re: Nationals Entries list so far
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 02:27:19 PM »

The cheapest nationals of any dinghy class this year!!! and with free food!!
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

Ian stone

Re: NOR, Cost and Numbers of Races!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 11:58:42 AM »

Hi, is there any NOR about??

Jim 1400

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »

Ian

Go onto the Highcliffe SC website and look under opens. http://www.highcliffesailing.co.uk/open
NOR and sailing instructions.

Harken

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 04:53:37 PM »

Planning on driving down on Friday and surprised only two days to go and no NOR is out yet ??? Can't see it on our site or Highcliffe SC
Can someone point me in the right direction please !!

Thanks
Mike

Phil_1193

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 05:26:53 PM »

Planning on driving down on Friday and surprised only two days to go and no NOR is out yet ??? Can't see it on our site or Highcliffe SC
Can someone point me in the right direction please !!

Thanks

The link in the post above is a bloody good direction to look
Pages: [1]   Go Up