Phantom Class Forum

• May 26, 2024, 03:23:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: accomodation  (Read 8980 times)

gordon Kingston

Re: accomodation
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2017, 01:43:52 PM »

Hi Phil
I would have to agree that camping should be only one of the criteria but so should having proper sea venue amongst others.
It always has to be a compromise as no venue is perfect.
Looking forward to Highcliffe SC lets hope we have some breeze to play with, in what seems to be so far, a light wind series in the south. It would be nice to use the toe straps for all races.

Cabbage

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 04:11:28 PM »

Hi Gordon,

Isn't there camping close to Lee?  ;)
Rich

gordon Kingston

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2017, 05:21:21 PM »

HI Cabbage
The nearest camp site is about 1/2 mile on flat roads but at present we can use the rear of the old clubhouse for a few campervans as we did at the open. I still think the hopefully temp clubhouse is big enough to run the Nationals with hopefully the numbers getting back to the 70ish we should be getting. What do you think?
Phil did ask me about 2019.
Regards
Gordn

Cabbage

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2017, 10:57:23 AM »

Get it in the calendar!
Rich

dabbs

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2017, 05:11:00 AM »

disapointed to hear theres no camping venue nearby, I was thinking about attending this year , will be giving it a miss now unfortunately

Cabbage

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2017, 08:09:44 AM »

I'm staying at Glen Orchard Holiday park. It's about 4.5 miles away. It's a static ccaravan park and they are willing to do short breaks and be flexible on the changeover day. 3 nights was £204.
Bigger vans are available with 3 bedrooms so if you had someone to share with, could be quite cost effective. When I booked, about a month ago, they still had vans available.
I'm not the only Phantom sailor staying there, and they are aware of our requirements.
Rich

nst197

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »

If anyone is still looking for accommodation I've just booked into the lemon trees B&B and they still have one room left. It's non on suite but they only want £50 per night. It's about 1.5 miles (20-30 min) walk from the sailing club. The lady also said  she can put people in touch with other B&Bs in the area who don't advertise much if anyone is struggling.

Cheers,

Nev

OultonBen

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2017, 11:17:26 AM »

Can anyone take my place at Bernice's B&B (only 150m walk from Highcliffe Sailing Club; free parking) ?
Sharing a room with Nick Favell (we were going to be travelling together but the other car, Fabia-1.4, isn't going to tow a double-trailer for 200-miles); booked-in Thursday-to-Sunday.
I have a Very Sad car probably needing a new gearbox (RAC trucked home on Monday) and turn-around time looks like it's going to prevent me attending the Nationals !
My Head Hurts !
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up