Phantom Class Forum

• May 03, 2024, 12:04:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweepstake which area can post the overall best result?  (Read 2671 times)

Coastbuster

Sweepstake which area can post the overall best result?
« on: July 01, 2010, 08:56:11 PM »

Now I am not a gambling man as I find my beer intake interferes with my sense of risk. 
But how about a sweep for the challenge of best region at  the Nationals.  Declare your support at the beginning, North-(all three of them led by Westom), South, Eastern, and Midlands.
Pound per person  and see which area wins

Cant be done by weight of numbers,might take a bit of working out.  Something like buddy system scoring.

For instance highest then lowest placed from that area,then next highest and next lowest etc.

Second contest  might be which area can provide the biggest weight range in their top 5-10 sailors again results on the night of day 2 of sailing.

Challenge three which area team has the sailor with the worst wind in the fleet?  No forget that . I know who the outstanding victor of that is and it might not be a funny competition.

Come on lets have some more ideas that will put the hosts under pressure.  I dont think drinking competitions count, I have heard they are quite good at that.

Winnings split between the winning team at the bar after day 2 for each competition.

Dare you!  No in fact double dare you!

You Know you want to.

Simon 'Coastbuster1359' Southern softie!

Norman

Re: Sweepstake which area can post the overall best result?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:16:23 AM »

Now then Simon, have you got too much time on your hands!

Coastbuster

Re: Sweepstake which area can post the overall best result?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 02:29:18 PM »

Seems that way,  can I lie on your couch and  tell you all about it? ::)

Your keyboard side manner is very relaxing,  unitl I remember your puce face after the OCS at last years Nationals!! ;D

Ready for battle this year.  Going to see if you can  beat your ten downwind overtakes on one leg?

Cheer Simon. 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up