Phantom Class Forum

• May 15, 2024, 08:26:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Eastern Series  (Read 15140 times)

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
Eastern Series
« on: February 03, 2007, 10:59:59 AM »

Hi,

By now many of you will have received a PM via the memberslist concerning plans for an Eastern Series to complement the South West Travellers.

Further details in due course but for the moment the "Hot off the Press" news is that we have secured major financial support (Sponsor details withheld at present) and the backing of a "well known local chandlery"..

The idea is to use the usual planned Opens in the area and extract results (for all competitors whether Eastern based or not).

Denver

Hunts

Stone

Creeksea

Hickling

Alton?

Buckenham?

Rollesby?

If you are interested please get in touch and I'll add your name to an email group.  (but all details will be put on the class forum anyway).

If club reps could make themselves known that would also help...

Chris Roberts.
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

The Kitchen

Eastern Series
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 11:12:16 AM »

Hi Chris

Sorry, I hadn't checked the site lately so didn't get the PM (assuming you sent me one!) as I've had to re-register.

Obviously I'm interested and will attent all that I can. Please add me to the list.

Hope all is well with you and family?

Simon
1269 - Kitchen

Chris

Eastern series
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 09:00:54 AM »

Hi Chris,
I'd be really interested in doing this series & have a couple of thoughts could my home club (Gt. Yarmouth & Gorleston) get a slot as we have a singlehanded open on the 27th May which looks as though it would fit well with the other dates? I went to Alton Water last Easter and did their Lemon Hill race which was a trip right up to the bridge & back and might be a good early season one? Rollesby has 2 events to choose from a singlehander open on the 24th June (which would be good to stack out with Phantoms) or a Phantom open on the 28th Oct.  Give me a call if you want any further info 07771 606299
Chris

Chains

• http://www.rbsc.org.uk
Note to Self
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 09:10:25 AM »

Note to Self

Read the forum before writing long PM's
1349 Jade

Chains

Rollesby
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 09:13:49 AM »

I didn't realise that Rollesby had a Phantom Open on the 28th October. I'm excited now!
1349 Jade

jez_Southwold

• Southwold Sailing Club
Eastern Series
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 10:42:46 AM »

This looks great. Hopefully I will have found a boat by the time the season starts and can come and join in.

There are a couple of regattas at Southwold during the season (late May and August Bank Holidays) that would be open to visiting Phantoms, Simon, Alex and Ian came last year.

If anyone hears of an epoxy vandercraft for sale, upto £4,500 give me a shout!
Jez - 1259 "Sweet Chariot"

rockape

Eastern Series
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 01:18:34 PM »

I am currently a member at Alton Water I would be more than happy to speak to them about doing an open there in fact they were only saying on the weekend it would be nice to have a phantom open there if you want to contact me on 07903829441 we can take it from there. Tim Travis 1241.

frosty

Eastern Series
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »

Hi cris                                                                                                              And hi to team Norfolk  it would be great if you can fit buckenham in .  I will find out date fantastic  thanks Cris .  :lol:

Doug

Eastern Series
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 10:41:29 PM »

please add me to your mailing list
Doug Conway

Big + Lardy

Re: Eastern Series
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 07:07:47 PM »

Chris

3 members from Northampton have expressed an interest in attending the Denver open. Can we become honourary member of the East Coast Clan....

Regards

Will
Big + Lardy

Denver Dave

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 07:05:33 AM »

Hi Will, You and your fellow members will be more than welcome to come to Denver, it will be a pleasure to see you there. We have a training day on the Saturday,under the watchful eye of Andrew Elliott,(not that you need any training!) but if your looking for a good bit of tacking practice, I can assure you there is no finer place than Denver. There is a evening meal available in the club for a modest £6/head. On the Sunday we have the Open, which will kick off at 10-30. We have a good galley where lunches and drinks etc will be available during the weekend.Accomodation if needed is available in the local pub, only 50 mtrs away, they have rooms that sleep three at around £60/night and this I believe includes breakfast, if interested give the Jenyns Arms a call on 01366 383366, tell them you are attending the Denver S.C.Phantom Open and I'am sure they will do what they can to help you out.
All the info for the club can be found on our website at www.denversailingclub.org.uk there is a dedicated page for the Phantom Open which will be up-dated on a regular basis. Or you can contact me on 01638 780903. Look forward to seeing you Will, best regards, Dave 1171 ;)

Chains

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 08:41:02 AM »

Denver

I do not wish to be childish but they (Northampton) are not having a Phantom open this year so I wouldn't invite them to ours!

Don't they understand we have had to set up our own little Eastern series so that we have a chance to win something! To my mind Northampton isn't in the East!

Chains
1349 Jade

Chris

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 09:45:32 AM »

Chains - seems a little harsh! I'm sure there a suitable event at Northhampton that we can piggyback, you're just upset 'cos you think you are going to miss a trip out in the Bongo!!
May be Will could assist with the training on Saturday?  More the merrier  for this Eastern series sounds like it's going to be pretty good.

Chains

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 10:30:09 AM »

Chris

As you know I am new to parenting, but was taking this opportunity to develop my childish playground mentality. Do you think it is working?

It would be great to see Will and team at Denver, especially if both he and Andy can sprinkle the assembled with wise their guru knowledge powder on Saturday.

Daren
1349 Jade

Big + Lardy

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 10:54:46 AM »

Dear chains

Northampton has many opens every year, In an effort to reduce congestion in the calander and based on the poor turnout last year. I made No effort to be allocated a date for 2007. Added to this the phantom turnout has been lower than normal since John sold his boat, we are now managing this position ( as every member of the fleet has young Children & family committments ) that we sail by arrangement, every 2nd or third Sunday, 2 races back to back starting 12:00. The next date is 25th feb if anybody is interested. It just so happens that the date after this  11th Feb the date of the Denver open so we are going on tour ( subject to weather ). We thank you for your open attendance in 2006, We know you enjoyed camping with a few week old baby and hope something can be schedulled for 2008.

PS Northampton is in the east so we look forward to kicking your arses in the series for the rest of the year..

Regards

B&L
Big + Lardy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up