Phantom Class Forum

• May 15, 2024, 10:23:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Sutton Bingham SC Open!!!!  (Read 8116 times)

Captain Slow

Sutton Bingham SC Open!!!!
« on: April 17, 2007, 01:14:58 PM »

Hi People,

The SBSC open which was a fantastic event last year is coming up on the 29th of this month with I believe a training event the day before on the Sat! Is the training day still game on?? Last year there were over 20 boats in attendance which made for some excellent racing when the wind turned up after lunch. The only downside was the event was won again by Mr Ian Jay thus who is coming this year to take the title from the Guru of Sutton Bingham! He can be beaten!

Lets make some plans people as its the first event in the SW series now with the Beastie being rescheduled due to excessive wind. Who is going to win the SW series this year??? There are some good prizes I believe up for grabs from the sponsor of the SW Series. So who's coming this year???? Is Russell still alive? Has Gavin worked out what petrol his car runs on?? Is Roger forcing his kids to watch another race??? Is Simon H taking time out from Netball to sail his new superfast boat??? Is Pete B going to sail to his true talent or get psyched out again?!!? Is Paul K going to show his true speed?!?!! Is the cat around or only sailing on Million Trillion pound yachts???!! Is Kev coming out????!! Is Doc Fraser going to continue from his great form at the Nats????!! Will it be a Tom Abbott day??!! Can Chris B clinch a win as of recent form in club racing???? I did hear rumours that the Jeff Van der B will be attending to show new dogs old tricks??? So who's coming???as these Eastern lot are getting lots of practice in their opens and we don't want a thrashing at the inlands on our home turf!!!

Lets get excited!!!!

Nick
Ex 1247

Pete

Re: Sutton Bingham SC Open!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:09:58 AM »

Nick

The training day at SBSC is indeed "on".
The format will be different this year. The plan is to structure the sessions to match the various abilities / experience of those taking part.
There will be "one to one" mentoring for those that will benefit most from personal attention, in both boat set up and sailing technique.
The rest will take on a series of exercise routines that will hopefully be fun and instructive.

We aim to hit the water at 12:00 noon, have a mid afternoon break, before a final session, then de-brief at a local pub in the evening.

Could I ask those wishing to attend to either express their interest here, or directly to me at pete.barnstable@btinternet.com

Russell

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:29:17 AM »

Notice of my demise are somewhat premature!  After an abscence for most of last year I am please to report that I will be attending the SBSC event and hopefully the majority of the SW series. 

See you Saturday

Cheers

Russell

Pete

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 03:57:58 PM »

"Notice of my demise are somewhat premature!"

Oh rats, does that mean I have to try and find your prize due from the 2006 South West Series?

Russell

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »

Fraid so, hopefully its a book on grammar looking at my last post!

8okgKev

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 06:31:23 PM »

Hope to make it to Sutton bingham this weekend if I have finished fitting out my new boat and fitting out GAY NICKS new pink Phantom :-* :-* :-*I hope Nick has a new hair do as the last time I saw him at Sutton Bingham he looked rather shabby. ::) ::)

jeffers

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:35:58 PM »

I wouldn't say too much Kev, after all wasn't at beer time last year that we found out that you had a Simon Childs fetish, and a poster of him on your bedroom ceiling?????

Have you got any gelcoat I can buy/scab off you at the weekend?

Ian

8okgKev

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 09:01:54 PM »

Ian I think I have some gel will try and remember it.Do you have a small or large hole to fill :o :o :o?????

jeffers

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 10:04:19 PM »

Quite a big one, though I can always use some filler first, then smooth it over with a light touch

Pete

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 06:57:23 AM »

Kev,

If you're bringing over some gelcoat, could you do so in industrial size containers. I have the odd dink or ten to fill.
Add the cost on to Nick's invoice :-*, he inflicted most of them.

Pete.

Captain Slow

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 09:53:49 AM »

Kev - stop wasting time flirting and hurry up and finish my boat there is an open this w/e don't you know! You have had the boat for 2 weeks how long does it take!?!!?  I suggest you stop loitering under street lamps in the evenings and crack on with the job in hand. Anyway I like pink but please don't pass or portray your tendencies towards me  :)

Russell - I am glad your about this season, should be a good summer and well done at the Federation regatta last w/e. I like the fact that you truly stuffed the 8.1!

Pete - unfortunately only remember the times when you sailed into me and judging by your car you quite like tape!  :)

Ian - Yes I also remember Kev's slightly concerning comments about Mr. Childs and posters!

Nick
(when Kev pulls his finger out 1273)

Russell

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 05:02:39 PM »

Thanks Nick, the 8.1 was nowhere to be seen.  I think he was trying to recover from having to lift his bottom section in and out, its a tad heavy!

jeffers

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 08:18:49 PM »

Probably more like he was trying to recover from lifting HIS bottom in and out. Yes, well done Russell for the Confed results.

Nick, I think that Kev's prob is that he is taking the job in hand.....

8okgKev

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 08:51:36 PM »

Nicks never asked me to pull my finger out before :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Captain Slow

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 09:51:35 AM »

Kevin, please stop making sick innuendo's and finish my boat for the SB open!!! I am not one of your punters although what does concern me is I am paying you by the hour but to have my boat 'fitted out' not to 'float my boat!!'  :)   Please ignore all this banter and do a 'cracking Job' as I want it to look the 'nuts!!!'  I feel these are expressions you can relate to!  :)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up