Phantom Class Forum

• May 15, 2024, 04:40:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Inlands  (Read 9110 times)

Jezzer

Inlands
« on: March 23, 2007, 05:10:39 PM »

Anyone know places to stay or camp for the Inlands?

jeffers

Re: Inlands
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 06:15:04 PM »

Jezzer,
got this from the Chew Valley SC website about camping -

Brook Lodge Farm, Cowslip Green. Tel: 01934 862311 www.brooklodgefarm.com

Secluded rural camping and caravan park 5 miles from sailing club. Modern toilet block. About £12 per campervan and £8 per tent.

Mendip Heights, Priddy Tel: 01749 870241 www.mendipheights.co.uk

Well appointed scenic site 10 miles from the sailing club. Shop and heated toilet block. From £3.50 per person per night.

Chew Valley Fruit Farm , Bishop Sutton. Contact Malcolm Mellish, Tel: 01275 332567. A field one and a half miles from the sailing club, toilet and water £2.00 per tent or campervan.

There is also this page for other places to stay -

http://www.chewvalleysailing.org.uk/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=7

Hope that this helps
MaxiB

Jezzer

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 07:39:30 PM »

I guess the question is where is everyone else planning to have a beer on the night, is the club doing anything? Then pick the nearest site.

Windy Miller

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 10:12:34 PM »

Jez

H and I are staying at BB in Felton (spanking not included ;D) not far from Brooklands and about 5 miles from the club I think. So I guess you should avoid this area!!!! ;D ;D ;D. We are going down on the Friday if you wish to meet up?

Who else is coming from the East? Are you Norfolk and Essex boys out to play or will the rabbit and his chasers be staying at home? I hope not. :(

Jez have you sailed since Denver? Will see you at Haversham next week.

Windy

Doug

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 10:31:38 PM »

I plan to be there.

Not sure where i'm staying though, waiting to hear where everyone's camping.

Look forward to seeing you all at Haversham; should have my sail repaired by then, just waiting for a glue run at P&B.

Doug 1074
Doug Conway

Denver Dave

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 06:57:54 AM »

Hi Lads, We intend to go, but likewise we are waiting to see where everyone is going to camp. Can we take it then, that there is no camping at the club? Wish you all the best for Haversham, and look forward to seeing you all at Hunts, (Bloody Kitchen)  ;).
                                Dave 1171

Roger

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 08:49:22 AM »

Can we take it then, that there is no camping at the club?                                 Dave 1171

As I understand it there is definatly no camping at the club, not their decision, it's not allowd by the landlords.
Roger

Jezzer

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 09:07:09 AM »

Hi Windy
I think I may have caused some confusion, I am Jeremy from Bartley SC sail no 1264 and so far have not done any opens this year. I only got my boat together at the end of last season.
Anyway I am planning to be at as many events as I can get to, hope to get to Haversham next week, hopefully get to meet some of the fleet, I know one or two already.

Looking forward to Chew, I have sailed there in lasers and solos, it can be a great venue if the weather plays ball.

Cheers

Jezzer 1264

jez_Southwold

• Southwold Sailing Club
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »

Hi Windy,

Yep thats a different jez!

I haven't sailed since Denver unfortunately. Just loaded the boats up for next week though and fitted my adjustable forestay.

See you next week.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 04:22:27 PM by jez_Southwold »
Jez - 1259 "Sweet Chariot"

The Kitchen

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 09:07:06 PM »

Hi All

Looking forward to heading south-west for the inlands. I'll follow the crowd and book the same campsite I reckon:)

Does anyone know how many minutes drive from Bristol Chew is?

1269 - Kitchen

jeffers

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 10:38:46 PM »

somewhere in the region of 15 mins or so - depends on where in Bristol you're coming from? Whatever you do, don't travel through it at rush hour on a Friday, cos it will be a whole lot longer.

Chains

• http://www.rbsc.org.uk
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 09:25:54 AM »

Simon avoid Bristol, but if you happen to get sucked in watch out for speed cameras on the motorways and A roads around.

Denver - as the daddy of Team Norfolk I think you should press forward with the camping options/decisions for Team Norfolk. If you make a decision then your loyal followers will follow. Your less loyal followers might also follow as well.

I am hoping to attend as was James last time I spoke with him.

Should any other regional teams have made camping confirmations and would like company then please speak now to assist  Daddy Denver in his new task.

Daren 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 09:33:11 AM by Chains »
1349 Jade

The Kitchen

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 08:58:25 PM »

Cheers Maxi and Darren

Just thinking because my sis lives there and might try to catch up with her. Maybe better to get her to come and watch :)
1269 - Kitchen

Denver Dave

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 10:00:20 AM »

Ok Lads, As requested by the "Rabbit" I have picked up the task set before me, and after looking into the options on this forum and the Chew Valley S.C website, I have now booked a camp site ;D. Brookledge Farm Site, is the nearest we can get to the club, that have any facilities, its approx' 5 mls away and fairly easy to get to in both directions acording to the map. I have made sure there is plenty of space for the Friday/Saturday, and Sunday nights, for both tents as well as campers, so all should be able to get in if required. You will have to book in a.s.a.p though, as at that time of the year it does start to get busy. the details are as follows:-

Brookledge Farm,
                       Cowslip Green,
                       Wrington,
                       Bristol.
                       BS40 5RD
                       01934 862311

Camping is £8-00/head/night, but they do have a modern shower/ toilet block etc. All that remains, is to sort out where we are spending the evenings, but I would imagine we will sort that out when we get there ;)
                       Regards to all,
                                        Dave 1171

Chains

• http://www.rbsc.org.uk
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »

Well Done Team Norfolk Daddy Dave

Lead taken and booking made for the Saturday night.

James (Sharpie boy) are u still up for going and if so how many days away?

Daren
1349 Jade
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up