Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denver  (Read 4230 times)

SChilds

• Global Moderator
Denver
« on: March 10, 2007, 07:50:10 PM »

Training with Andy looked good!

I have taken some shots which are ok.  If you were there and want a copy of the CD with the pics on drop me a mail with your address.

secretary@phantomclass.org.uk

Cheers

Simon
Simon
1376- :-)

Chains

• http://www.rbsc.org.uk
Re: Denver Opn
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 09:23:27 AM »

Big thank you to Denver Dave, and all the helpers at Denver, for sorting out the "you had to be there" training day with Andy and the open meeting on Sunday.

Many thanks Daren
Chains on Velvet 1183
1349 Jade

Chris

Re: Denver
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 09:44:16 AM »

Thanks to Dave and all the Denver sc helpers for a great week-end (even though I had a dog of a day yesterday!!) & thanks to Andy (& helpers) for his hard work on Saturday - I know it was pretty chilly in the RIB! Looks like the Eastern series has kicked off to a pretty good start.

jez_Southwold

• Southwold Sailing Club
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »

I'd like to add my thanks to Dave and everyone at Denver for organising the weekend and to Chris for organising the series! And thanks to Andy for the coaching on Saturday (and the sail!)

great weekend, learnt loads and can't wait for the next event. See you all at Haversham (hopefully I'll have stopped aching by then!)

Jez - 1259 "Sweet Chariot"

Denver Dave

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 08:45:58 AM »

On behalf of myself, and all at Denver S.C,  can I say a few words about the weekend. Thanks to Andrew, for the instruction on Saturday, that "you had to be there" to know, extremly useful.
 Well done to Chris and Rod for getting the series up and running, I don't think it could have had a better start, and I am sure it's going to get even better. Thankyou to the powers that be for the almost perfect weather, but most of all, thankyou, to each and everyone of you, for turning a good weekend into a Great one!
Look forward to seeing you all at Hunt's, ( can't make Haversham, sorry). Regards to all.
                             Dave 1171 ;) 

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 06:58:36 PM »

Hi,

For those that weren't able to go there are some excellent photos at www.photoboxgallery.com/briansadler

I think if you take a close look at the expressions on the helms faces you will get a better idea of the sailing..

PS. Darren.  Your not sitting out that hard all the time these days are you?????

Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

SChilds

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 09:47:27 AM »

Good idea

uploaded the training ones too.

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/schildsphotos

Simon
1376- :-)

jeffers

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2007, 10:30:56 AM »

There are a load of photos from both days on this website in the gallery too courtesy of Mrs Windy Millar
Ian

Chains

• http://www.rbsc.org.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 10:04:10 AM »

"PS. Darren.  Your not sitting out that hard all the time these days are you??"

Chris - On Saturday (at the training day!) we learnt the importance of hiking (and more kicker).

We had to practice hiking hard when someone had a camera pointed at us. A bit like speed cameras!

We also had to pinch when other helms were looking so that everyone thought that we could out point other boats.

We at Rollesby have been working on the mental approach to the sport! It would appear to be working!

Daren   
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 10:05:53 AM by Chains »
1349 Jade
Pages: [1]   Go Up