Phantom Class Forum

• May 17, 2024, 05:43:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 PY any talk of changes  (Read 6547 times)

OultonBen

Re: 2012 PY any talk of changes
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 04:22:36 PM »

You can find all the new PY at http://www.rya.org.uk/racing/Pages/portsmouthyardstick.aspx (for download).

Interesting to compare the number of returns under the "Races" column with a feel-factor for the number of Fleet-Boats.
Obviously the ubiquitous Laser in its different guises was always going to top the list, but the order is:-
(1st) Laser Standard 49k
(2nd; well-done them!) Solo 26k
(3rd) Laser Radial 16k
(4th) Topper 13k
(5th) RS200 9k
(6th) Phantom 9k
.... then RS400, Enterprise, Flying-15, Streaker, Wayfarer, Fireball .....
I reckon this makes a Phantom sit very highly ranked indeed for intensity of racing-interest.

The other thing that struck me generally was the actually large number of non-movers ?

As I've said before, I reckon that 1025 is an overall generally fair return, though I'd be very pleased to see a Club Veteran Yardstick of say, 1045 (agree with Andy Wilde on that).

Ben
My Head Hurts !

OultonBen

Re: 2012 PY any talk of changes
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »

.... Streaker has been affected cos that was miles out (IMHO of course!!)
Hey Coopster,
Don't knock it too much; can you imagine a Streaker holding its time say, in the lumpy stuff at sea ?
The PY is only an Average response to All available data; we do very nicely thanks inland on the flat, light stuff, but struggle more in windier and at sea; overall 1025 for us is probably about right,
...... and I've got to agree with the Streaker's PY (else its no supper for me .... !_! )

Ben

My Head Hurts !
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up