Phantom Class Forum

• May 06, 2024, 03:23:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Salcombe week  (Read 3126 times)

NeilB

Salcombe week
« on: April 14, 2018, 09:18:41 PM »

I believe there are 3 or 4 phantoms sailing in Salcombe now, anyone know if some / all of them will be doing Salcombe week in August? I was wondering about going along from sunny Plymouth but if I recall its an expensive event >£200 so want to be sure there be other phantoms there before entering.
Anyone else interested?

Neil

SPOOKY

Re: Salcombe week
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:52:58 PM »

Hi Neil,
We now have six club boats , all of which I would assume will be sailing in regatta week this year, we have had 5/6 out for the last few weeks and all are very keen on our Phantoms.

The Belgian

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 08:43:17 PM »

Salcombe sailors have certainly made an impression, winning Frensham last year and Bowmoor this weekend.
We will all have to up our game before the Salcombe open !!
Ivan 1300

Cabbage

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 03:09:11 PM »

There was talk of a Salcombe Open, but I don't see it on the calendar yet?

I could be tempted by the regatta, but depends on any clashes with other events. And so far this year other commitments do seemed to have conspired against my Phantom sailing.
Rich

The Belgian

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 12:14:31 AM »

Hi Rich,
Salcombe open is 6th-7th October, it's on the forum and twice on the home page news. Hope we see you out sometime soon. You would have gone well on Saturday at Bowmoor, I was 6th so you could have got 7tn...
Ivan 1300

Cabbage

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 12:50:05 PM »

Sorry Ivan,

Completely missed all them - I see them now !

I'd struggle to come last, can barely get through a tack at the moment. Hopefully just rusty.

Looks like Salcombe Regatta is the week before the Osprey Nats start, don't think I'll get a pass somehow ! Should be good for the open though. Apart from the Nationals that's probably the only event I am available for.
Rich

The Belgian

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 01:33:33 PM »

Nationals look to be well attended this year from all the people I have spoke to Rich, including some new to the class and Salcombe sailors, so should be good. I asume you will be at Castle Cove for Weymouth Regatta ?
Ivan

NeilB

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 01:10:12 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation that there should be a good turn out for the regatta I'll  have to redouble efforts to take part
Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up