Phantom Class Forum

• May 19, 2024, 12:31:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloody Results.  (Read 1493 times)

One Life

Bloody Results.
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »

A record 302 entries for the 39th Bloody Mary held in outstanding conditions with a temperature of about 10 degrees and the wind averaging around F4-5 made for an excellent days sailing.

Six Phantoms made the trip all giving a good account of themselves in the conditions. As you will see from the results it was a 'Foiling' Day with the Moths taking the first 4 places overall.

The most important competition of the day was for The Phantom Class trophy. The racing was close but ended with Nick Oram and Tim (Pro-Lube) Andrews having a great battle for first place swapping the lead on numerous occasions with Nick finally taking the win on the last beat. Phantom results with overall position in brackets were as follows;

1. Nick Oram (72nd)
2. Tim Andrews (74th)
3. Nick Mason (97th)
4. Will Ellison (99th)
5. Richard Sims (116th)
6. Olly Hopkins (121st)

Some other Phantom boys turned up in strange machines with extra sails.

Nick Craig managed a credible 1st Merlin and 8th overall - ( No real surprises there ::))

Tyler Harmsworth was seen suspended from a wire in the front of the 505 with fag on the go. Managed 1st 505 and 43rd overall (Without burning his helm).

Mark Weston and Coastbuster were 2nd Osprey and 54th overall. Coastbuster is currently on the Ducan diet...............and once the effects of that prove successful I'm sure this pairing will be a formidable crew to beat in the Osprey fleet. ;D ;D ;D

Anyway a top days sailing. Hope i did'nt miss anyone out. ??? Look out for another post from me later in the week when i will be advertising the first ever Island Barn Reservoir SC Phantom Open meeting date...........which will almost certainly be SATURDAY 21st APRIL 2012.

Regards

Nick - 'One Life'
Pages: [1]   Go Up