Phantom Class Forum

• May 19, 2024, 05:04:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Frensham Training  (Read 2828 times)

AlanF

Re: Frensham Training
« on: March 27, 2011, 10:10:59 AM »

Hi Maxi,

The Frensham Open is confirmed for Sunday 3rd April instead of 17th with the possibility of a training day on the Sat (TBC). 
Jeremy

Is there going to be training on the Sat at Frensham, if so I'd like to come along. What are the details? (start time, end time, any fees etc).
I plan to come to the open on the Sunday.

Alan

JeremyH

Re: Re: Frensham Training
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:09:35 AM »

Hi Alan,

will be great to see you.  Following was posted by our Class Captain Justin Phillips some time ago on Southern circuit section of the Forum and I believe still is all correct.  I will prompt Justin to confirm in case of any changes ...........

........  Simon Childs has kindly agreed to run a training day at Frensham on the Saturday before the FPSC Phantom Open on the third April.

The aim of the day is to help people sail Phantoms faster on inland waters.

The Provisional Programme is;-

09.00 - Club Open
11.30 - Briefing - Rigged & Ready to sail
12.00 - Sailing
13.00 - Lunch
14.30 - Club Race Start
16.00 - Club Race Finish
16.30 - Video Feedback Session.

If people want to stay overnight please let me know and we'll try to find accommodation with members.

If here is interest then we'll organise something in the evening, possibly at the club or at a local curry house.
Options could be Quiz + Supper, Videos or Pub"n"Curry?

Let me know what you'd like and we'll try to make it happen. I do need to know approximate numbers soon.

We are also hoping to have a measurer at the club then to legitimise all those nice new Christmas goodies...........

regards,

Jeremy

gordon Kingston

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »

Hi Jeremy
It looks like i will be allowed to borrow the trusty Rover for both days, but will not be staying locally overnight.
Unless anything else gets in the way see you both days.
Regards
Gordon

JeremyH

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 11:56:21 AM »

That is great Gordon ..  look forward to seeing you again.   In answer to Alans earlier question ...  is there a charge for training day? ..... NO ....  it is FREE ...  although Simon and Justin may be hanging around the bar afterwards!! ;)

So how many more are planning on coming for the training and / or Open?  would be good to get an idea of numbers .... 

Phil .... No Low Bridges ..
Simon  ....  lots of 2.4's to oggle at ..
Slow ... nearer your new haunt ...
Ian ..... great way to hide on Mothers day (or bring the family along)
Pete ... Like Spinnaker ...  but no islands
Tim  ...  Special deal for students ....  you can use any slipway
Burghfield crowd  .... only 40 mins away ..
Northerners ....  a chance to show them Southern softies
Everyone else ....  welcome

and points towards Southern Circuit. ....

This is our first Phantom open, so it would be great to get some good support for our fledgling fleet ....

maxibuddah

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:24:34 PM »

Sorry split the topic from the rest of the open meeting talk as it was moving away from the original subject of the thread. Re-titled it as well to cause as much confusion as I could.

I won't be there for the training as mothers day has now by some miracle become Mothering Saturday. Hopefully see you on sunday though
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

Coastbuster

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 08:03:23 PM »

Ian or Cabbage or father Cabbage (Solid Air)?

Could you take the crate of beer for the Sutton Open to Frensham for me please as I am not able to make this.

I will then get fresh supplies for the Sutton Open meeting?

Cheers fellas and have a good time. p.s (Thanks to everybody and anybody for not buying my boat.  It is crap and I would not want it foisted upon anyone.  Very poor value, something to be ashamed to be seen with).
Tell your friends and it should soon become unsellable.

pps first one to tell the wife will probably become a K1 BAB.  As in speared!

1359 it was a bad'un!!!!! ::)

Cabbage

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 08:55:20 PM »

I do believe the aforementioned crate is residing in mon peres porch. And remarkably, it's all still there.

I shall see to it that it gets to Frensham - even if it means he has to leave his rather spanky new sail behind in order to fit it in  ;D
Rich

maxibuddah

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »

Ian or Cabbage or father Cabbage (Solid Air)?

Could you take the crate of beer for the Sutton Open to Frensham for me please as I am not able to make this.

I will then get fresh supplies for the Sutton Open meeting?

Cheers fellas and have a good time. p.s (Thanks to everybody and anybody for not buying my boat.  It is crap and I would not want it foisted upon anyone.  Very poor value, something to be ashamed to be seen with).
Tell your friends and it should soon become unsellable.

pps first one to tell the wife will probably become a K1 BAB.  As in speared!

1359 it was a bad'un!!!!! ::)

Did Jan post the advert then?
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

Coastbuster

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 06:32:35 PM »

No she told me to advertise it!  And I have ::)

That does not mean I can not start a campaign to make it so undesireable that no-one would touch it with a barge pole!

It really is rubbish though.

Of course this could be a counter ploy to get it sold.  However when I re set the ad and the price increases you will realise my genuine intention.  Maybe this is the Reggie Perrin sales principle of running something down so badly it becomes desireable.  What was it? Grot shops if I remember correctly.

If I re-appear with a south African accent as a long lost cousin then you will know it went badly wrong.  Do you remember the image for the mother in law?

Oh goodness I shall have to be careful. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up