Phantom Class Forum

• May 07, 2024, 06:14:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northern Circuit Comms  (Read 1381 times)

MattButler

Northern Circuit Comms
« on: October 31, 2020, 10:45:18 AM »

As the majority who will read this are probably aware, the Northern Circuit has an fairly active FaceBook group where discussions on events and general chat take place. Can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1622240501356271

That said - I am conscious that not everyone uses this platform and keen not to exclude those who prefer the forum as a means of keeping up to date.

Event information will continue to be posted here regardless, but if anyone who is actively checking the forum for updates could just leave a quick comment to let me know that would be helpful - thanks!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 08:50:23 AM by MattButler »
Matt Butler
1346 'Maud'

The Belgian

Re: Northern Circuit Comms
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 09:05:44 PM »

Hi Matt,
Probably not what you want to hear but Facebook has not done the class any favours. It's a social network not a sailing site. Many don't use if for personal and work reasons. Closed groups and class page where people can't comment or ask questions is not good.
Everything Phantom should be on the website and banter on the forum as it was, we might get back to decent event turnouts and have laugh.
I used to chat with all region before Facebook.
I don't feel part of the Phantom family anymore after 20 years...
Ivan 1454
South East Area

MattButler

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 02:32:16 PM »

Hi Ivan
Thanks for commenting - really do appreciate your feedback and sorry you feel you have been left out. While I have only been involved with the Northern Circuit for a couple of years, it feels like people have voted with their virtual feet in terms of what communication method they want to use. We seem to get very little engagement with content posted here.

Personally, I dont mind which platform I use to communicate with members, but I need to use the one which elicits the greatest response - which right now I would say is Facebook.

Outside of Facebook and the Forum is there any other communication method which you think could bring in those left out by Facebook? WhatsApp groups are quite common, but they are truly closed off to those not involved, where as Facebook groups are open to anyone with an account but who isnt necessarily a member.
Matt Butler
1346 'Maud'

The Belgian

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 10:15:54 PM »

Hi Matt,
Thanks for reply, however you look at it the class is not what it was. I blame Facebook use for fragmenting things. Some of us are just out of the loop now. Wish I had a pound for every time a Facebook user complained about it and stopped using it.
See you at a venue next year...
Ivan 1454
Pages: [1]   Go Up