Phantom Class Forum

• May 19, 2024, 05:13:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phantom North 2014 results after 6 events  (Read 2119 times)

ollieshaw

Phantom North 2014 results after 6 events
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:09:01 PM »

Hi to all,

Please follow this link to find the results of the Phantom North 2014 series after 6 events: https://www.facebook.com/ollie.shaw.16/photos_all (still need instructions from my daughter on how to Facebook !!). Formal results will be uploaded to this website in a few days time.

The next event is the Anglesey Offshore Dinghy Race on 10th August 2014 - follow this link http://www.redwharfbaysc.co.uk/anglesey-offshore-race (I can do that bit on my own!!)

Ollie Shaw

MattHarris

Re: Phantom North 2014 results after 6 events
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 04:52:25 PM »

Cheers Ollie,

I'm looking forward to Anglesey, last time I did it was in a B14 we had to re-rigg on the start line.  Hopefully this time should be a little less stressful.

Matt
1175 - Alice

DaveK

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 05:40:46 PM »

Hi,

I'm planning to do this one again - third time lucky in beating Ollie on the water off Anglesey?!

Cheers
Dave
Dave (Phantom 1154)

alank

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 08:20:19 AM »

Hi Ollie,
I'm thinking of doing the offshore race this year for the first time, provided I can line up work and family.
How do you veterans move your trailers to the finish? I can't work out how to do it without the boat sitting on the sand at one end or the other.
Cheers,
Alan.
Phantom 1263 PDSC

ollieshaw

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 10:03:58 PM »

Hi Alan,

We set off from Bueamaris just before high tide and arrive at Red Wharf Bay as the tide is falling. There are plenty of helpers to lift your boat out of the water and rest it on the sand. The club can arrange transport back to the start for your car, trolley, trailer and ... clothes!! Some single handed sailors get one of the land-crew to take some dry clothes to the finish ...hopefully (or to a near by car boot sale!!!)

Ollie

alank

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 08:42:34 AM »

Thanks Ollie,
So you don't need your trolley waiting for you at the finish, that makes sense. I've got land crew for moving kit and car but there's been a point blank refusal on towing trailers!
I've watched this race from the land a few times, the boats look fantastic passing the lighthouse and racing on out into the bay. It's on my must do list for sure.
Just need to organise my work now...
Hopefully I'll see you there.
Alan.
Phantom 1263 PDSC
Pages: [1]   Go Up