Phantom Class Forum

• May 19, 2024, 05:22:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northern Travellers  (Read 7810 times)

eddiethomasgbr

Re: Northern Travellers
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 08:18:50 AM »

Ok Facebook will stop, You are right we need to work as a team. Thats looks good with easy to find set up on open Forum now thx.  :)

I will help out any way i can to make the northwest big just will not have the time this year to run it as we have a baby on the way in feb and know i will not have time to comitt at the mo. There are a few more Phantoms coming to join us next year as i have turned a few from lasers to our class and by letting them have a go of mine and just showing them what fun they are....

Like i say if any one needs my help just say and i will do my best.
I know a few places what we can add to the list to race next year.
LLsc would be a good one as well.

thx Ed

If you fall in and get wet, get up dry off and try again.
Ed Thomas

maxibuddah

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »

Glad the forum reshuffle is ok. One thing that we do on the southern circuit is to hijack handicap events as well as proper opens. We nominate the Exmoor Beastie & Chew Valley visitors day as events that form part of the series and we extract the results from those events. It means that even if there is a small turnout it doesn't matter. It also builds the profile of the class and encourages people to join us. It might be worth trying this approach for some of your events up north. Why not include a major handicap event next year, no organisation needed, makes everything easier.
Best of luck and hope the series grows next year
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

jez_Southwold

• Southwold Sailing Club
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »

I'd second Ian's idea for using clubs existing events. Thats exactly how the Eastern series started out, hanging off existing handicap opens until the fleets grew enough to warrant our own starts and ultimately our own weekends.
Jez - 1259 "Sweet Chariot"

Adam

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »

Hi All

We could put Filey in again in which is 25th - 26th June I think.

Ed- The first weekend of Bass sounds good. Do you think we could get our own start? Also where else do you have in mind?

Also who can we ask to do some training for us. That could encourage more people to come to opens. And I definitley need it   :D

Adam

eddiethomasgbr

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 09:25:10 AM »

Crosby Sailing club now have a Phantom fleet bulding up from what i have heard?? Poss One more to add to the list. ???

Ed
If you fall in and get wet, get up dry off and try again.
Ed Thomas

phil

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2011, 08:06:18 PM »

Can the web site be updated with the northern dates , Delph sc has changed the date to the 7th May , and Elton has a date , Any others ?? ::)

Phil
Phil 1382

jamesd20

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »

Updating the site would be great. I have pencilled in all the dates on the events list (think there must be a few missing) with all the events over the year I am planning on going to. Look slike I am going to more Southern/Midlands events than North at the moment.....

7th May - Nightmare my kids first birthday....think that would be a no goer for me  :'(

maxibuddah

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 08:59:55 PM »

Can the web site be updated with the northern dates , Delph sc has changed the date to the 7th May , and Elton has a date , Any others ?? ::)

Phil

its the first I've heard of it Phil. Can you make sure that Titch is aware and gets the overall calendar updated. Once that is done and he lets me know I will update the site. Any new or amended dates should go through him first
MaxiB

jamesd20

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2011, 09:57:01 AM »

Could someone send me an up to date list?

maxibuddah

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2011, 10:45:35 AM »

Ask Titch, he has been sending out a spreadsheet to all on his email list with the opens on. If you can't wait the events tab has a list on it but you will have to manually copy those off that you want

jamesd20

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 09:45:59 AM »

Ask Titch, he has been sending out a spreadsheet to all on his email list with the opens on. If you can't wait the events tab has a list on it but you will have to manually copy those off that you want

Yup, I copied all onto the Excel & decided which ones I was planning on doing, I have many I plan to do (Mainly Midlands & Southern :-\), but there is only 2 nothern dates on the list & one has changed as above and the other is late September.....

Will PM him to request...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up