Phantom Class Forum

• May 18, 2024, 05:55:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creeksea GP 2016 4th - 5th June  (Read 2603 times)

JonP

• G+
Creeksea GP 2016 4th - 5th June
« on: May 30, 2016, 08:12:10 PM »

We're fast approaching our visit to the gem of the Crouch. Chris assures me there will be not one but two barrels to quench the thirst of even the most determined sailor. Some are so excited about this event they have already dropped their ships off at the club.

Camping is encouraged and those who arrive on Friday evening will get their pick of locations, so don't dwell on whether or not to go too long...

With a growing number of local boats and numerous keen travelling yotters, a spectacle of rubber clad athletes mounting their racing steeds will be a lasting memory for all.
Jon Pulfer

essexbloke

Re: Creeksea GP 2016 4th - 5th June
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:30:02 AM »

Are there any official plans for the weekend available yet?  Prices Race times etc.

Also - I've never been to C.Sea before and was looking for it on G maps.  The website didnt give much away and I couldn't see anything other than the boat park/slip so where are the actual clubhouse/facilities?

Thanks v much.
Ian Hill

The Belgian

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 09:05:07 AM »

Hi Jon,
Creeksea website under location  says,
For those using a SatNav the best postcode to use to find us is CM0 8PL - DO NOT USE ANY OTHER POSTCODE AS IT MAY PLACE YOU ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE RIVER!!

I understand there are 14 home boats so that makes 17 already with us. Forcast looking good. Should be loads more as it's a GP event...

Ivan 1300

Jim 1400

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 09:45:16 AM »

Current plan is two or three from Shustoke. Looking forward to the sailing, would really appreciate knowing the timing of the racing to help plan travel.
Cheers
Jim

Phil_1193

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 10:30:34 AM »

Are there any official plans for the weekend available yet?  Prices Race times etc.

Also - I've never been to C.Sea before and was looking for it on G maps.  The website didnt give much away and I couldn't see anything other than the boat park/slip so where are the actual clubhouse/facilities?

Thanks v much.

Chris Roberts is updating NOR

Creeksea is just a race hut and a sipway  ;D ;D ;D ;D

There is a couple of showers and a toilet, but thats about it.

Creeksea caravan park is signposted with the brown tourist info signs, follow those, until you reach the park then carry on driving until you get wet feet

essexbloke

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 01:48:19 PM »

Cheers Phil!

It's going to get a little snug then!  I'm counting something like  20+ of us fat fellas so far?
Ian Hill

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 09:52:53 PM »

Notice of race.

Phantom Open Meeting Creeksea Sailing Club 2016.

4th / 5th June 6 race series.

Saturday 4th June.  Entry fee £20.

Registration from 9:30am.

Briefing 10:30

Race 1 Start 11am.  Lunch and races 2 and 3 back-to-back.

Sunday 5th June.

Race 4 Start 10:30am.

Race 5 back to back.

Lunch.

Race 6.
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 10:01:56 PM »

Some further info.

Creeksea isn't Grafham or Hayling Island etc.  If your looking for staff and professional service you won't find it.....

What you will find is a club run by enthusiasts on a shoestring budget with heaps and heaps of enthusiasm and love of Phantom sailing.

From organising free food and free beer to a discount at a local Indian restaurant on Saturday night.  When told the budget wouldn't stretch to free beer the guys immediately said "Don't worry Chris we'll sort it".

I expect probably 10 Creeksea boats with several new members that have joined the fleet this year.  They need the visitors assistance and understanding in both racing conditions and tuning help.

In the past we've hosted the open with over 25 boats and we are really looking forward to welcoming first time visitors.

For those interested I think that there will even be training on Friday and tuning sessions.  What's your excuse not to come??

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:13:35 PM by Ocean Strider »
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

Little Monster

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 10:13:08 PM »

There will be a few of us around on Friday to run the 'rule' over peoples boat if they want to check setup etc.

The plan is to hit the water on Friday afternoon with a RIB to work through depowering and changing gears if the breeze is right and that's currently looking at 11 to 15 kts

Any queries please post here.

Cheers
Ian

The Belgian

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 08:44:05 PM »

Thanks  Chris John and all the help on the water and the lunch time helpers who looked after us so well.
Great racing throughout the fleet of 28 and much learnt !!
Great club

Ivan 1300

Pages: [1]   Go Up