Phantom Class Forum

• May 18, 2024, 07:47:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter 2014 - 15 Events  (Read 1738 times)

essexbloke

Winter 2014 - 15 Events
« on: September 18, 2014, 01:07:46 PM »

Being new to the class - i'm itching to come out to play, (just so i can follow everyone round at the back of the fleet you understand)

But I cant see many/any 2014 - 15 winter events listed in our (South) Eastern region.  Is that because I bought my boat at the wrong time & there isnt any - or are they yet to be published?

Failing that - where does the self respecting Phant sailor go for the Winter? (Is it just Alton?)

Thanks,
Ian Hill

Little Monster

Re: Winter 2014 - 15 Events
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 01:19:24 PM »

Ian

Most of the Class events are during the summer with sailors preferring to stay at one club during the winter.  We are however targeting the Ovington event the first weekend in November which we hope will get a good turnout.

I understand that Alton should be good this winter so get in touch with Windy or Matt House who I'm sure will answer this post.

If you want to have a sail somewhere else Broxbourne may have a few sailing and of course there is always Northampton where we will get 5 or 6 out at times (we target one or two weekends a month so still allows for family time).

During the winter you also get the choice of the various Sailjuice series such as the Bloody Mary or Steve Nicholson events to name a couple.

Plenty of choice for you.

If you want more info please drop me a pm with your number
Cheers
Ian

RHYC 1

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:33:04 PM »

Little monster if quite right. Winter is the time I enjoy with little travelling as we have good club sailing.

Alton does have a good Phantom fleet when we can get everybody out , 2 good races and home for a late lunch. Pay your fee for the days you want to sail and no race duties :)

Walton and frinton have 5 boats but I think due to the tides they can only race alternate weeks.

Creeksea ? I expect Chris will answer once he is back from his summer training camp.

Or build a fleet up at Ardleigh then I can walk to the club..

Matthew 1432

essexbloke

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »

Hi Matthew,

There's only 2 of us on site at ASC, so it's far from being the fastest growing fleet  ;)

I might just resign myself to to crawling along to the odd meeting at Alton then as an alternative location for a bit of fun.  It seems to be only about £10 as a visitor for the day.

Is it a case that you all converse on here before turning up -  so I can avoid being the only phantom on the 1 week I decide to go? (lol)

Thanks again
Ian Hill

Phil_1193

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 04:28:05 PM »

Late September to early December we have the Polar series at Stone.

2 races back to back 10.30am start, think is £5 a day for visitors or £20 for series and no charge to leave your boat.

You won't find a better shower after sailing anywhere this winter!! :-)

In January theres the icicle race at Mayland, a one off mass start handicap.

Then every other weekend from early Feb to late March Blackwater sailing club have winter series, which iirc is £5 per day

If you don't want tidal estuary sailing then Alton is the best bet

*edited to add*

None of the above are 'official' Eastern region Phantom events, just suggestions
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:29:44 PM by Phil_1193 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up