Poll

Any body coming

Any one coming
- 1 (100%)
Please come
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyme Regis open meeting  (Read 11229 times)

maxibuddah

Re: Lyme Regis open meeting
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 08:56:23 PM »

Simon, regards the open meeting results do you know if is it the whole weekend or just one day?
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

berserker

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 10:25:12 PM »

Hello Pete
 One day is fine ,would be nice to see you ,entry fee is only £7.50 per boat and i am sure if we need to we can discount that a lttle for one day, but the council are now charging us launching fees to use the harbour but it will not be much ,look forward to seeing you sounds like we are getting quite a few boats so far ,it would be great to get a really good number of boats this year.
Cheers Simon 

berserker

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 10:44:11 PM »

Good evening Ian,
 The open will be over the two days which is unfortunate for you if you want to get a top result,but on Sunday The Race of Races is a seperate race entirely so you could win the main price of the weekend presented by the towns mayor (Nick won it one year ,must have been a bit of pumping going on)but we will still use the individual results for the open , but please come for one of the days you know the sailing is great and it is really good at the club when known good sailors arrive it gets the atmosphere and a bit of buzz going and we can all have a good bit of banter taking the piss out of dg mind you he will give as good as he gets.
 Hope to see you
Regards Simon   

berserker

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 10:48:23 PM »

Entry fee is being subsidised by the club and is only £7.50 per boat but if you can only make one day then it may be even less,however there is a small launching fee which the local council have stung us for to use the harbour,but it will not be alot.The Big cook out BBQ and lots of sides is only £5.00 per head and is guaranteed to be as good as last year with loads of meat(kebabs,chicken,pork,burgers,etc,pluss loads of green stuff and other salads all made by the club members and brought for you to sample until you have had your fill.(hope it blows on Sunday)
  see you on the 7th
cheers simon

'One-Pint'

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 07:26:07 PM »

Simon. Signal is almost non-existant here in charmouth! Still ok to sail this weekend if a boat comes up! Not sure if my pm sent the other day. My mobile (for what use it is) is 07713513808

Thanks! Mr hopeful
4 Ply

beserker

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 05:57:13 PM »

No Worries
I always use the old signal one when out late at the club and sinking a few ales so I can now prove it is true.
 I will be at the club again tomorrow eve for a yacht and will be seeing the guy who is or is not going away at the weekend so hopefully I shall be able to give you an answer Thusday morn.If you get fed up in Charmouth on Wed come over to the club ,racing starts at 7.00 so we are all in the bar at 8.15-8.30 come and have a drink ( fine to bring any one the more the merrier )if you do come just ask the bar man who simon heusen is he will point me out ,or swear at you one or the other .
Regards Simon   

springer

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 09:27:58 PM »

Hi Simon,

Got a passout for this weekend.   See you early Sat am. ;D

"Rita"
phrantic springer

maxibuddah

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 11:24:43 PM »

see you on saturday Simon, better be windy or else :P

Captain Slow

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 10:16:25 AM »

Glad your coming Ian! Are you coming with Pete B? I am guessing he would not miss or support a SW open so close to home and I know he likes Lyme! We all really need to support the SW series!

CS

maxibuddah

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 11:21:19 AM »

Pete was going to come on sunday only buy i believe that something has cropped up and he can't make it now. This was a bit of a bugger as he was my lift down on sunday, but luckily my dad fancies a day out at the seaside so i can still make it.
You are right about clubs supporting each other. I'm sure with the necessary support the series can build next year and there be a decent turnout from every club at all the events....unfortunately i expect that apathy may stop that, and i include my club in that. I can't seem to rouse anyones interest in coming down this weekend which a crying shame.
Nevermind we will have a good race

Captain Slow

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 11:46:41 AM »

Wow I am shocked that Pete is not coming, I know he used to SUPPORT the SW series  :o Cannot believe he has even put you out!

I am not sure what has come up as I know he intends to sail at Castle Cove on Sunday!  >:(

COME ON PETE, I WILL EVEN PACK YOUR BOAT UP AND TAKE IT DOWN!
I am taking my boat down on Friday, I am coming back to Weymouth thus I can use my covers etc and take your boat down Sat morning!

Lyme to Yeovil - Its a mere walk!

CS

Pete B

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 12:10:43 PM »

Thanks Nick.
So I can now add sailing guilt to, parental guilt, work guilt, offspring guilt, etc. When is it you go back to Dubai?  ;)

Ian, glad you have a lift sorted for Sunday.

Pete

Captain Slow

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 12:26:40 PM »

Hi Pete

So is that a YES? Great!  ;D

CS

Back to Dubai when you attend a SW Open  ;)

maxibuddah

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »

Nick only has guilt responsibility for cushions..
I'm even in trouble with the missus but I'm still going....hopefully.

Captain Slow

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »

GUILT SCHMILT

CS
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up