Poll

Any body coming

Any one coming
- 1 (100%)
Please come
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyme Regis open meeting  (Read 11227 times)

berserker

Lyme Regis open meeting
« on: July 27, 2010, 10:46:04 PM »

Hi All
 I know the nationals have just finished and our open is fast approaching ,it is combined with the weekend Regatta so it will be very social as well as good sailing.Are any of you hoping to come for the weekend or just one of the days? Hope to see some of you possibly ,let me know if you are it helps with the food and the beer supply , do not want to run out of beer.
Cheers
Simon Heusen
Lyme Regis Sailing Club

Captain Slow

Re: Lyme Regis open meeting
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 09:08:14 AM »

Hello Simon

Please put me down for both days and plenty of beer  ;D

This is a really good event in a great location!

Nick

'One-Pint'

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 10:19:34 AM »

I'm about to depart on my holiday for two weeks at Charmouth.  Trouble is, I have one car, one towbar and one caravan. 

Anyone got a boat I could borrow?  ;)

Long shot, I know ::)

Andrew
4 Ply

maxibuddah

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »

I'm about to depart on my holiday for two weeks at Charmouth.  Trouble is, I have one car, one towbar and one caravan. 

Anyone got a boat I could borrow?  ;)

Long shot, I know ::)

Andrew

Burn the caravan and sleep in the boat...or get a tent
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

Captain Slow

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »

Agreed with Ian best bet burn the caravan but if this is not practical I would consider asking Jeff, Lyme is his home club and he is based in Devon and might have a boat kicking around. I can think of one person at Lyme who has just bought a new boat and I believe Jeff is fitting it out currently thus I am guessing his old boat will be for sale. I might be completely wrong but its worth speaking to him!

Really good event and definately worth claiming the caravan insurance for..........

CS

beserker

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 05:45:30 PM »

Hi Nick
Look forward to seeing you ,how was the accomadation at stone ?do you need a bunk for the regatta w/end?

beserker

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 05:47:50 PM »

Hi Andrew
 I am at the club tonight and if you are serious about wanting a boat i can ask around ,but will you be allowed? mind you Lyme is a great place to bring the family any way.
Let you know tomorrow
cheers simon heusen
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:49:45 PM by beserker »

rich96

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 05:59:15 PM »

Hi

Planning to come down (with family !) Friday and go home Monday.

Will it be straightforward to dump the boat at the club Friday pm  and collect it on Monday ?

Looking foward to it.

Rich 1290

'One-Pint'

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 08:27:17 AM »

Simon, the answer is yes, I wool be 'allowed' to sail! Any luck with a boat?  Thanks. Andrew
4 Ply

maxibuddah

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 11:17:40 AM »

At the moment Simon I doubt very much that I will be able to come. I have a 60th birthday to attend, but even if I can get out of that I won't have a car to get to you guys. If the situation changes I will let you know. Shame really cos I was looking forward to it.

I have posted some info on the sbsc email thinghy to see if anyone will come down too, but to be honest most of the phantoms left don't seem to like travelling anymore, not quite sure why. Apathy is killing the open circuit and can only apologise

Ian
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

beserker

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 05:25:25 PM »

Hi Rich
 Glad your coming and look forward to meeting you,you can drop the boat off on friday but it will need to go in the dinghy park for the friday evening,if you get there before 9.30 the bar will be open ,and some one will tell you where that is if not the dinghy park is not directly in front of the club that is the sea school,so do not drop it there,tow it round to your right (if you are facing the sea) and you will see the dinghy park on your left about 100m from the life boat station,tuck it in there neatly if you need to leave it in the middle channel between the boats thats fine as no one will be sailing before the race and they can move it ,probably best to put it up near the laser racks .
Hope this helps I may be there Friday and see you .
cheers Simon Heusen 

beserker

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »

Hi Andrew
 I spoke to one of our Phantom sailors last night and he may be going away for the regatta week end and will lend you his boat if he is not sailing,he will confirm with me as soon as his wife tells him what he is doing.So there is a chance you will be able to sail.
Cheers
Simon HEUSEN

beserker

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 05:32:10 PM »

Hi Ian
 Shame you can not make it even for one of the days,if you would like I can lend you my car or I could come and pick you and your boat or just your boat before the racing if you would like.
Cheers SIMON

beserker

Re: Lyme Regis open meeting Start Times for racing look who is coming?
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 05:48:33 PM »

Hi to any body who is coming to Lyme Regis on the 7th  & 8th August (Next years nationals are here so come on down, or across , or up ,and see what its like,you will love it).
There are two races on Saturday(back to back) and the first start will be at 1.00pm and we are going to be the first class away so aim for that.We are having a really good spread of food in the evening along with the local Otter ale .Sunday racing starts at 10.30am with our own seperate start again,but the fourth race is the race of the regatta and everyone is together ,obviously we can still use our individual results to go towards our open meeting,so plenty of good sea racing on good size courses.Any of you lot from Castle Cove coming Pete,Curly,etc.Simon(coastbuster)Simon(oxford) Gavin,Gordon,you chaps likely to arrive?

Pete B

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 07:38:03 PM »

Hi Simon

Don't think I can make both days, but should be able to come and play on Sunday.

Pete
Castle Cove S.C.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up