Phantom Class Forum

• May 15, 2024, 11:59:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Eastern Series  (Read 15158 times)

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
Re: Eastern Series
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 06:34:41 PM »

Hmmm, 

When I was a member of Denver, and Yes, that is almost pre-history I know, there used to be a rather good scene on a Saturday night at the Jenyns Arms....not sure if I should be mentioning this though.  I will issue Rod Thorpe with his new ear mufflers to ensure that he has a good nights sleep.  I think he is a rather poor sleeper.  Not sure if he'll geton with the Peacocks.  Haven't told him about them...

In the meantime I'll be tucked up in my old bed at the parental home in Kings Lynn.  Might try to creep out for a beer though...

So is everyone else going to the Dinghy Show on Saturday then?
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

Denver Dave

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 08:09:14 PM »

Hi Clive, There is ample camping area at the club, however in view of the time of year I have had a word with the commodore and it's ok for anyone without digs to kip down in the clubhouse for the night. There area couple of seatees, along with plenty of floor space for lilos etc. Hope this is of help, there is no need to worry though, as we are a freindly bunch and I'am sure if there are any Phantom helms without a bed for the night something will be done. Look forward to seeing you there, regards Dave ;) 1171

Clive

• Administrator
    • Online Chandlery and Boat Bits
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 08:16:44 AM »

Hi Dave,

Many thanks, the club house sounds like a great idea.

Cheers

Clive
Carbon Clive

The Kitchen

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 06:09:08 PM »

I can't believe I've not noticed this thread growing! This is going to be a good year 8)

Hickling Autumn Open Regatta and PHANTOM OPEN is on 13th and 14th October. I'll confirm times etc nearer the time. There was talk of starting slightly earlier than last year, but not inconveniently so. You are, of course, all more than welcome. 13 to beat... Although quite where we're going to put anyone else I don't know!

I can confirm that we have definitely got our own starts all weekend, and that we will be getting away before the rest of them, so no hacking our way through the handicap fleet, but of course there will be Punts getting in our way from time to time.

I've just booked Nationals accom. at the Avonmouth for me and Southwold_Jez so if anyone else fancies a few days of late nights and excessive alcohol then thats the place to stay.

www.theavonmouth.co.uk

I'll see you all at Denver tho won't be sailing because I'm not going near the river with a fixed rudder, and the lifting won't be ready by then, plus only back from hol midnight on Sat.

See you then

Si

1269 - Kitchen

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2007, 09:21:37 PM »

Simon,

Thanks.  You will be pleased to hear that the cunning plan was to use Hickling as the last event of the series and present prizes etc. at the event.  Looks like we are now geting there with the finalisation of the seris and I'll turn out a flyer for the Dinghy Show.

The only problem I can forsee is that Ferlixstowe is over the Bank holiday weekend when most Creeksea Phqantoms do the three day Dinghy Regatta as part of Burnham Week.  Any one else got views on that weekend??
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

Windy Miller

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 09:43:57 PM »

Chris

Re Felixstowe Open is the same weekend as Southwold August Regatta but in view of Nationals being at Felixstowe 2008 I feel that I need to support Felixstowe this year (sorry Jez I had fully intended to do Southwold, what do you think you might do? I will however come to the May regatta if still invited??? can you confirm that May regatta is Sunday and Monday only) If there is a consensus as to where most Phantoms will be I would be keen to sail with the majority inorder to get some practice prior to the Nationals.
 :-\

The Kitchen

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007, 09:44:36 PM »

Haha, no probs with the prizegiving!!!

F'stowe clashes with Southwold Regatta as well which is a lot of fun and a great 3 days mini break! Could do with some more Phantoms tho... hint hint.

Maybe we should breakout in to Southern Team Anglia (who should all attent burnham week) and Northern Team Anglia (who should all attend Southwold)!

1269 - Kitchen

Chris

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2007, 05:39:06 PM »

Just a quick note to say what a great job Chris & Rod have done putting together the Eastern series, good to see the posters on the stand - I grabbed a few for the other local Phantoms we have.  See you at Denver when it all kicks off!

jez_Southwold

• Southwold Sailing Club
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2007, 08:48:58 PM »

Chris

Re Felixstowe Open is the same weekend as Southwold August Regatta but in view of Nationals being at Felixstowe 2008 I feel that I need to support Felixstowe this year (sorry Jez I had fully intended to do Southwold, what do you think you might do? I will however come to the May regatta if still invited??? can you confirm that May regatta is Sunday and Monday only) If there is a consensus as to where most Phantoms will be I would be keen to sail with the majority inorder to get some practice prior to the Nationals.
 :-\

Yep its a shame the events clash, but in light of the Nationals being at Felixstowe next year I thought I'd do the Felixstowe event and then head back up the A12 for the last day of the Southwold Regatta on the Monday.
Jez - 1259 "Sweet Chariot"

Big + Lardy

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2007, 03:51:27 PM »

Reference Denver this Sunday

What is the state of flow in the river at present. Northampton is currently having flood alerts & burt banks. Will we have 4-5 knots of flow this weekend?

Regards

B + L
Big + Lardy

Denver Dave

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 07:10:02 PM »

Hi Will, The state of the river at present is fairly good, although there is a lot of water coming down the Cam, Lark, Little Ouse and the Wissey, all of which goes through the gates at Denver. The flow at present is approx' 2/3kts, we have all got our fingers crossed that we do not have much more rain before the weekend, then everything should have calmed down.
 The EA do have a tendency to let a lot of water out at one go, if there is problems in the upper reaches, however we have informed the chap that is responsible for the gate operation, that we are holding a two day event at the club. Hopefully he will keep the water level at its normal hieght during the weekend, and if there is a need to let water out, this, with a bit of luck, will be done during the hours of darkness.
The forcast is looking good for the remainder of the week, Wind Guru is forcasting a good breeze for Saturday, and even better for Sunday, if they have it right, we will all get plenty of tacking practice, and a lot of fun. Hope this is of use, and look forward to seeing you all at the weekend.
                             Regards, Dave 1171

Clive

• Administrator
    • Online Chandlery and Boat Bits
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2007, 10:40:08 AM »

What time will the traininng start this saturday?
Carbon Clive

Denver Dave

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2007, 06:40:04 PM »

Hi Clive, Training starts at 10-30ish,but dont worry if you cant be there by then, you arrive when you can. The club gates will be open at 8-00, don't forget to have your list of "where you think you need help" this is so Andrew and Will etc will be able to assist in those areas, (not having the time to assess every body in one day).
 The river is in good condition, the run has reduced to around 1kt and the level is normal, we have been told by the powers that be, the level will be maintained at it's normal level all the weekend. So with this news, along with a good breeze forcast, a good turn-out looking likely, we are in for a great time. Look forward to seeing you on Saturday. Regards
                         Dave ;)

Big + Lardy

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2007, 09:00:03 PM »

It is 11:00 on Sunday?

Regards

B & L
Big + Lardy

Denver Dave

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2007, 09:54:12 PM »

Hi Will, Sunday  Briefing = 10-30am