Phantom Class Forum

• May 03, 2024, 12:39:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 920 Stolen  (Read 2974 times)

moffindustries

920 Stolen
« on: August 30, 2018, 11:11:07 AM »

Sail number 920 got stolen from outside work near Bournemouth airport on Aug 5 @ 03:20.
I'd taken it on as a restoration project from Phantom920, but due to some family illness I've had little time to do any work, so the hull is stripped of fittings and the topsides stripped back to bare wood. The bottom sides are painted Blue & Grey.
It was on a blue painted combi trailer and also had the mast, boom and sail with it (foils are at home).
They even bothered to connect up the light board before driving away, on my reg no. WJ59 YHZ.
Vehicle looked to be a short wheelbase Landrover with a canvas back, no reg no. was seen our CCTV didn't show enough detail.

The police have all the details but I doubt anything will come of it.

On the off chance it gets spotted or seen up for sale, please let me know - 07967 313329

Feeling pretty frustrated as I was looking forward to working on it over the winter.

Thanks
Tim

Phantom920

Re: 920 Stolen
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 11:34:13 PM »

Sorry to hear about that Tim,

I’ve posted details on the Dinghys for sale forum on Facebook too which I hope is ok and I hope you get it back.
Good Luck
Steve

moffindustries

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 08:34:37 PM »

Hi Steve,
Just spotted it on Facebook, thanks for doing that hadn’t thought of posting there.

Had a call from the police on Friday, they think they may have a number plate to follow up on, will see what happens.

moffindustries

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 10:43:51 AM »

Update - 920 has been found, well the hull, trailer and trolley.
The Mast, Boom and Sail remain missing.
It was found for sale on Facebook Marketplace by one of my colleagues, which got passed on to the police, they managed to seize it.
It was found within a few miles of here and by all accounts was acquired by the 'seller' as part of a sale of Stockcar racing parts. They ‘didn’t know’ it was stolen and as there is no ‘proof’ of knowledge or being part of the theft, no charges are being made.
Other than the remaining missing elements, the slightly bitter twist is that is cost me £150 to get it released from the compound – oh well, best get it in the garage to dry out and start the repairs!

Phantom920

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:03:50 PM »

Pleased that you got it back and it isn’t a total loss.
If you are able to get it picked up and repaired - your welcome to that broken wavelength carbon mast I showed you since I haven’t done anything with it yet.

gordon Kingston

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 10:01:00 AM »

I have a tired P&B sail you can have to get you going again.

moffindustries

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 03:16:02 PM »

Hi,

As an update, the police managed to recover the mast, boom and sail, so I now have everything back. :)
3 people have been cautioned for the theft and handling stolen goods.
Thanks for your generosity Gordon & Steve, sorry for not getting back sooner have been pretty flat out with work recently.

Tim

Phantom920

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 11:19:09 PM »

So pleased that you got everything you need back. Fair do’s to the police to - we rarely have confidence in their ability to do that, but shame on the justice system that gives the culprits a caution.
Hope you can find time for the refurb so you can enjoy some relaxing time out sailing her next summer😋🌞⛵️

maxibuddah

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 06:09:21 PM »

I've got an old superspar Ali boom if it's any help but it's missing the end plate at the outhaul end I'm afraid. You're welcome to it but you'd need to collect from Sutton Bingham
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up