Phantom Class Forum

• May 18, 2024, 09:35:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blithfield Open 2012  (Read 3307 times)

coopsterdude

Blithfield Open 2012
« on: February 01, 2012, 04:52:33 PM »

Just putting my diary together and wondered if anyone could confirm what the date is for this?

Only reason I ask is that on Blithfield SC site it states 17th June, but the event listing page on this site states it's the 24th June (which I couldn't make) - fingers crossed.
Nescio 1173 - Better a bad day on the water than a good day in the office

maxibuddah

Re: Blithfield Open 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 06:00:12 PM »

actually it is July 15th so both are wrong. I shall be updating the website later tonight when I get to my computer. Blithfield know that their site is wrong as well and will update it soon.
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

coopsterdude

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:49:16 PM »

Bugger - Can't do that one either!! Daughter sailing at Weymouth that week in the NSSA!!

coopsterdude

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 06:19:25 AM »

Result!!! Driving back from Weymouth on the 14th, driving down to Blithfield on the 15th!!

Adam

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 07:37:09 PM »

Forecast looking good for Sunday.  :D

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=302

Who is coming?

Adam

ollieshaw

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 08:28:43 AM »

Hi to all,

The weather forecast for Sunday's Open at Blithfield is westerly wind 14 (force 3+) and temperature 14 oC. Sounds ideal and a great water too. Overnight camping is available too.

A Notice of Race has been issued, with a start at 12.00 hrs, and three races. Due to a series of computer glitches I can't post the NOR on a website so I have copied it below.

Thanks
Ollie.

PHANTOM & SOULUTION OPEN MEETING 2012
BLITHFIELD SAILING CLUB
NOTICE OF RACE

1   INTRODUCTION
1.1   The event is to be held at Blithfield Sailing Club.
1.2   The dates of the event is Sunday 15th July 2012.
1.3   This event is organised by Blithfield Sailing Club on behalf of the Class Associations.
1.4   Competitors should note that Blithfield Sailing Club supports the RYA Racing Charter & that, when entering, competitors will be required to undertake to sail in compliance with the Charter.

2   THE RACE SERIES
2.1   The races will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing 2009-2012 (RRS), the prescriptions of the RYA, the Sailing Instructions, this Notice of Race and the rules of the Class Association.
2.2   The number of races is indicative only and will depend upon weather conditions.
2.3   Registration will be on arrival at Blithfield Sailing Club.
2.4   Entries forms must be submitted with the £12.00 fee (cash or cheque only) before racing.
2.5   Sailing Instructions will be available at registration.
2.6   There will be a briefing for competitors in the vicinity of the clubhouse approximately 45 minutes before the proposed first start, or as soon afterwards as possible.

3   PROGRAMME
3.1   3 races, the warning signal for Race 1 will not be before 11:55hrs.

4   CLASSES AND ELIGIBILITY
4.1   All boats entered must hold valid class registration certificates with current buoyancy endorsements where applicable.
4.2   Helms must be bona fide members of the Class Association but may join at registration on the day of the event.

5   RESTRICTION AND CONDITIONS OF SAILING
5.1   Responsibility – A boat is entirely responsible for her own safety, whether afloat or ashore, and nothing whether in the Notice of Race or Sailing Instructions or anywhere else, reduces this responsibility.
5.2   Competence – It is for the boat to decide whether she is fit to sail in the conditions in which she will find herself. By launching, the boat confirms that she is fit for those conditions and her crew is competent to sail and compete in them.
5.3   Class requirements – All boats, crew and equipment must comply with the measurement and sailing requirements of the Class Association.
5.4   Insurance – The boat is required to hold adequate insurance and in particular to hold insurance against third part claims to the sum of at least £2,000,000.
5.5   Organisers responsibility – Nothing done by the organisers can reduce the responsibility of the boat, nor will it make the organisers responsible for any loss, damage, death or personal injury, however it may have occurred, as a result of a boat taking part in the racing. The organisers encompass everyone helping to run the race and event, and include the organising authority, the race committee, the race officer and patrol boats.
5.6   Patrol boats – The provision of patrol boats does not relieve the boat of her responsibilities.
5.7   Inspections – Class association membership, measurement certificates or boats may be inspected before or after any race at the discretion of the Principle Race Officer (PRO), who may stop a competitor from entering or racing if the PRO considers an inspection unsatisfactory. An inspection does not absolve the boat owner or sailors of any of their responsibilities set out above.
5.8   Minors – All competitors under the age of 18 years at the time of the event are required to complete a parental declaration, signed by their parent or guardian.
5.9   Boat Wash – All visiting boats and launching trolleys must be washed with disinfectant/water before proceeding to the beach.
5.10   Personal Buoyancy - must be worn at all times when afloat. (RRS 40 is amended.)

6   SCORING SYSTEM
6.1   The Low Point scoring system, RRS Appendix A will apply.
6.2   If three races are sailed then one discard will be allowed. When 2 races are sailed no discard will be allowed.

7   SHARING AND CHANGING CRAFT
7.1   Change of helm – A change of helm is classified as a new entry.
7.2   Change of craft – Any change in craft should be notified to the PRO in writing before sailing. Points earned in the former craft will be retained.

8   TROPHIES AND PRIZES
8.1   The maximum number of prizes to be awarded will be the square root of the number of qualifiers. (rounded down).

9   RIGHTS TO USE NAMES AND LIKENESSES
9.1   Competitors automatically grant to the organising authority without payment the right in perpetuity to make, use and show any motion pictures, still pictures and live, taped or filmed television of, or relating to the event. They also allow their names, age category, club and boat details to be displayed in competitors lists prior to the event and in results, on the Blithfield Sailing Club website and in other publications.

07.07.12 PJM
End of Notice of Race.

None Racing Matters
Free camping will be available adjacent to the club house on Saturday night. Anyone wishing to arrive on Saturday night should contact the Club to make arrangements. (see below)
There will be food & beverages available in the clubhouse throughout the regatta.
Club contacts:-Bryan Youlden – Phantom Fleet Rep. - Tel. 01543 251991
or Peter Male - Rear Commodore - Tel. 07789 785849  -  rear.commodore@blithfield.org.uk

Please see www.blithfield.org.uk and information on local accommodation and directions to the Club (please refer to this and do not follow 'satnav' for final stage of journey)

eddiethomasgbr

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 08:45:47 AM »

I'm going Adam.  ;D
Remember got to do something walst I'm there. LOL.  ;)
If you fall in and get wet, get up dry off and try again.
Ed Thomas

ollieshaw

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 07:33:53 AM »

Hi to all,

News just in - bring your own food.

There is a bar but no galley and no shops nearby so if you want to eat (as if!) bring your own food - or slim for the day!!

Ollie.

eddiethomasgbr

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 04:11:44 PM »

Mite pack my Bbq. LOL.
If you fall in and get wet, get up dry off and try again.
Ed Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up