Phantom Class Forum

• May 02, 2024, 04:30:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RSS Feeds  (Read 5182 times)

andymacintyre

RSS Feeds
« on: April 04, 2008, 01:04:01 PM »

RSS Feeds from the News, For Sale and Forum would be great if possible.  Would make keeping tabs on the site a lot easier for me and others who get most of thier content via RSS.

Andy

Roger

Re: RSS Feeds
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 02:13:59 PM »

mmmmmm that should keep Ian busy for a while......
Roger

jeffers

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 03:18:18 PM »

thanks Roger for the helpful comment.....I will try to have a look and see what can be done
MaxiB

jeffers

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 09:35:40 PM »

Hopefully thats got that fixed Andy. Try it out and see if it works please. You shou have to only right-click on the icons on the left to get something.
MaxiB

andymacintyre

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 11:00:05 PM »

The feed for the News section of the site is coming through fine.
Can't seem to pick up separate feeds for Classifieds or Forum.

Andy

jeffers

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 07:28:21 PM »

I had the feeling that might be the case. When I get a chance I will try to look into it Andy. The only trouble might be that they are separate sub-programs within the website and as such may not be part of the overall syndication
MaxiB

jeffers

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 07:40:34 PM »

Right, got the RSS thing in the forum working too. The only problem is that you will need to change the template (style) of the forum to see the RSS icons. Go into your profile and click on the "look and layout preferences" link on the left. At the top of the resultant window there is an option to change the style of the forum. Pick the default option. This will then change the template to show the RSS icons, but doesn't look as nice (in my opinion). This needs to be done by every user if they want to be able to access RSS feeds in the forum. Unfortunately at the moment I don't know how to activate this in the normal Phantom template.
MaxiB

andymacintyre

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 04:09:08 PM »

Brilliant - that works a treat.  Once you have changed the layout to default and subscribed to the RSS feeds, you can then change the layout back to the multicolour theme in your profile and the feeds update fine in RSS reader when anything new is added to the site.
Many thanks for your efforts.
If there is any way to add a feed for the Classifieds that would be great.
Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up