Phantom Class Forum

• May 15, 2024, 04:43:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Beastie today - part of the Exmoor Ale Vandercraft Southern Travellers  (Read 1814 times)

maxibuddah

Bloody good event won convincingly in the end by Simon Hawkes, who was also the man responsible for rustling up the excellent sponsors drink - The Exmoor Beast. Blimey it tastes good, if not a little strong at 6.6%!

Thanks also to Simon for forcing me into the winners speech even though I finished 2nd, much appreciated. Now write the blooming report, winner boy.

And a big thankyou to Exmoor Ale & Vandercraft for sponsoring the whole travellers series, much appreciated.

Nice to see so many faces this early in the season, including Titch and Paul Lester (who did the excellent stickers) and Simon Hare from Oxford, etc, etc, etc. Sorry drink is quite potent.

Now where did I put my legs??
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch

After 3 hrs Yachting and 4 hrs driving I've lost my "hips" :o legs were long gone  :D

Excellent venue even if the wind blows vertically :-[

Well done Simon, watching you hunt down Ian was quite relaxing :D

Saving the beer for L8R :P

Titch  :-*
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

Simon Hare

Great beer Simon, I"ll have to do a few more Southerns to get more!!!!

Thanks for a good day,

Cheers Simon 1189

Coastbuster

Thanks to everyone for making the effort to attend.  When I have the full results I will get them posted.  Dinghy magazine and Y and Y
seem to have covered most things.  Including Simon testing the water which I think happened to several boats. Titch and I were over the line and had to go back.  Titch did not remember the course and had to make returns.  Ian and I shouted at each other near the marks.  Paul Lester seemed to hit the self destruct button towards the end of lap 1 as suddenly the Valley of death chose him as its victim and he dissapeared only to re appear 30 yrds further back! Someone told me that 'Tush 'Tustin dipped his mast three times and hardly lost any distance at all!  He needs slowing down that lad.
I am not in a position to add much more other than  to say our sponsors are very pleased with all our results.
Look forward to the next one at Sutton Bingham. Thanks again for the support.

Cheers in more ways than one!

Simon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up