Phantom Class Forum

• May 15, 2024, 09:45:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Southern Series 11th hour sponsors to the rescue!  (Read 1609 times)

Coastbuster

Southern Series 11th hour sponsors to the rescue!
« on: March 09, 2010, 07:30:27 PM »

Having made numerous applications to businesses that are all suffering in the current climate with no success I am pleased to announce a joint sponsorship of the 'Phantom Southern Series'

Jeff Vanderbought has kindly stepped in as Vandercraft in company with another local southern firm:- 'Exmoor Ales' owned an directed by Jonathan Price of Wiveliscombe near Taunton.

As you will all know the series kicks off this weekend at Wimbleball Lake with the 'Exmoor Beastie' a three hour pursuit race!

This is not just any pursuit race but  race at the mercy of the Exmoor weather.  May be lovely but probably with a sting in the tail!

Strangely enough Exmoor ales produce an apt and fitting beer of 6.6% which may do exactly the same. Jeff needs no intrduction as the creator of the boats we all know and love today , Exmoor ales may well be best known by the traditional ale drinkers by whom it has won many an accolade.  Take a look here

http://www.exmoorales.co.uk/

and here 

http://www.vandercraft.co.uk/phantoms

Jeff on the other hand is the proud owner of not only Vandercraft but also the only picture I have seen of a Phantom nose diving which by chance was at the 'Beastie'

Details are not finalised but I can only think this may be a harmonious relationship with a wonderful season of events ahead of us.

A warm welcome awaits you all next weekend , make the effort and I am sure you will be rewarded withyour own events.  As already said this is unique ,at altitude and not one to be missed.

Looking forward to seeing you there

Simon.

maxibuddah

Re: Southern Series 11th hour sponsors to the rescue!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:44:52 PM »

Excellent news Simon and a good effort to get them onboard. How much did you have to drink to get the sponsorship? Can you get a logo from them for the website please?
Cheers
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

springer

Re: Southern Series 11th hour sponsors to the rescue!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »

Nice one SImon,  ;D
Sadly I cannot make it to Exmoor on Sunday due to work commitments,  :(
have to find some ale to drink instead. ;D
springer
Pages: [1]   Go Up