Phantom Class Forum

• May 15, 2024, 06:41:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stewartby Spring Open Handicap - 4th April 2009  (Read 2911 times)

fat-rascal

Stewartby Spring Open Handicap - 4th April 2009
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:47:58 AM »

As many of you will be aware, Stewartby is hosting an Open meeting in October as part of the Midland Series and is included in the Super Series.

If you are looking for an opportunity to check out the venue, then this coming Easter Sunday (4th April) we are hosting our annual Spring Open Handicap and everyone is welcome to come along at take part.

The racing will be run by (recently) ex-phantom sailor Karl Pountney (that's me you understand) with the fleet split in two by handicap. Phantoms will be competing for the Fast Handicap Fleet off the published RYA YR2 Handicap numbers available on the day of the race. No club numbers will be used for any classes.

The format is straight-foward, 3 races, 2 to count. First Race at 11.15, competitor briefing in the clubhouse at 10.30. Races will be time-limited to 1 hour using Average Lap Racing Rules. All boats must cross the line at the end of every lap and boats will be finished on the line following the displaying of the About to Finish signal (shorten course).

There will be 2 starts. Fast Handicap, followed by Slow Handicap.

The 2 other races will kick-off at 13.30 and 15.30. Lunch and Afternoon Team provided by the galley at additional cost. Entry fee for the event is £ 8 for visiting boats. Fully paid-up Members of SWSC will pay nothing.

If you have chums that have the bare-faced-cheek to travel a lot in classes other than a Phantom then they can come too. Kestrels, Streakers and Solos are especially welcome.

Let me know if you are coming. You can contact me at vice.commodore(at)swsc.org.uk

Karl

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
Re: Stewartby Spring Open Handicap - 4th April 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 10:42:42 AM »

Karl,

Do you think we could run another "Training" day on the Saturday.

and could people stop over to race on the SUnday ???

Thoughts, Titch  :-*
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

Little Monster

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 10:59:57 AM »

Titch

As a member I would support it and have asked the question as to the availability of the lake and club.

What sort of demand do you think there would be?  I would certainly be up for it.

Regards

Ian

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 11:06:08 AM »

ten ;)
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

Simon Hare

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »

Hi Stewartby Crew

If there is training on the Saturday please book a space for me

Thanks

Simon 1189

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 05:53:16 PM »

Titch.  New club = low profile = not being made commodore.

Just a tip....
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

SChilds

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 07:54:08 PM »

v good Chris  ;D
Simon
1376- :-)

AndyGregory

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 08:49:40 PM »

All,

Having checked with the current Commodore  ;)  the club would  be delighted to host another Phantom training session on the Saturday.

Anyone wishing to stay on site on Saturday night is welcome. There is adequate space in the club grounds for camping or motor homes, and for those demanding a little more luxury there is a travel lodge two miles from the club.

Unfortunately the club cannot guarantee that the club bar will be opened on the Saturday evening however I am sure that the resourceful Phantom fleet can source an alternative beverage supply.

As Karl says at the beginning of the post, all visitors are welcome for the Sunday handicap open; even if they choose not to sail a Phantom >:(

Andy

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 12:05:18 PM »

Don't worrie :o with all the time I am spending doing PCAS duty :-[ I have no time for being an Officer of any other Club, Organisation or even the Ironing 8)
Sorry Vic :-*
Titch  :-*

fat-rascal

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 01:33:56 PM »

Cheers Andy for clearing the training with Ruth. I've been away in Madrid being re-programmed by my company  ;) and forgot to check back on my earlier post.

I indicated earlier that if you were planning to come, then you could email me. Seems more appropriate to bung your name on the forum indicating what you want to do. That way both Titch and myself (as race officer) can keep an eye on numbers for both days.

If we get more than 5 visitors then I'll see that we set aside some funds and award beer fleet prizes too.

For those who might be interested, we've been contacted by Wembley SC and it seems the whole MRX fleet will be rocking-up for the Fast Handicap start.

Karl
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 07:44:17 PM by fat-rascal »
Pages: [1]   Go Up