Phantom Class Forum

• May 19, 2024, 10:43:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any background info on 957?  (Read 2447 times)

Kipper

Any background info on 957?
« on: January 21, 2009, 07:45:55 PM »

Hi, I saw an ad for Phantom 957 and wondered if anyone had more detailed info - I think it is/was at Bartley near Bromsgrove - and previous threads seemed to suggest there may be a leak in the hull or some damp wood under the paint.  Might make more enquiries with the seller if its not too serious.  I don't mind a bit of woodwork but don't want to make a new hull!Thanks

worzel

Re: Any background info on 957?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:30:21 PM »

Hi Kipper, i was the previous owner of 957 who posted the request for advice about the hull blistering. THis was fairly localised around the starboard bow and was basically down to me failing to remove the hatch covers after a sail, combined with a couple of days of v.hot weather. Moisture got between the wood and the paint and hey presto....blistering. I repaired it by stripping it back to bare wood, allowing it to dry thoroughly then using an 'International paints' 1 Pack finish. SLightly different colour to the the rest of the hull but it seemed to do the job!

Otherwise the boat was great, quick other than against the new epoxies and an excellent intro to the class. If you need any further info then pm me.

Cheers

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up