Phantom Class Forum

• May 20, 2024, 02:06:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old woody 671 - any history ?  (Read 1893 times)

dinghysailor

• www.flickr.com/photos/dinghysailor
    • Flickr photos
Old woody 671 - any history ?
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:09:30 PM »

Hi new Phantom owner here (also got a Solo but perhaps should not mention that).

I pick up an old woody number 671 next weekend. Not in bad nick for the age, will need a bit of a tinker but should be on the water at The Nottingham Sailing Club in a couple of weeks.

Grateful for any info that you might be able to pass on about this boat - year built, who built her?

Just as most Welshmen say they played for Wales when they were younger (I'm Welsh and yes I did) the story is that this boat had some nationals history way back.

Look forward to hearing from you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:18:07 PM by dinghysailor »
Keith
The Nottingham Sailing Club
Phantom 671

ollieshaw

Re: Old woody 671 - any history ?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:04 PM »

Hi Keith,

"Croeso" to the Phantom Class. A good move. Sorry but I can't really help with the history of your new boat.

But I can help by inviting you to the only Phantom Open in your "homeland" - the Port Dinorwic event later this year on 23 September 2012. That'll give you 6 months to get used to your new boat. You're also welcomed to the North and Midlands Travellers events, as both are within easy reach of Nottingham.

See you soon.

Ollie

dinghysailor

• www.flickr.com/photos/dinghysailor
    • Flickr photos
Re: Old woody 671 - any history ?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:23:41 AM »

Thanks for the welcome and invitation Ollie. I do get away quite a bit - CRVDA (old boat events with my Solo), crewing in the Albacore Nationals and Bass Week - so I have to check with her who must be obeyed to see if I can have more play time !!!
Keith
The Nottingham Sailing Club
Phantom 671
Pages: [1]   Go Up