Phantom Class Forum

• May 17, 2024, 09:34:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Woodies at the Winters  (Read 1992 times)

'One-Pint'

Woodies at the Winters
« on: February 10, 2011, 03:05:05 PM »

Long on enthusiasm (but probably short of talent) I am heading to Northampton on Saturady.  Any more wooden boats going? or is is a Tupperware party?

There will be wind, but jury is out on just how much...though not like at the TT
4 Ply

jamesd20

Re: Woodies at the Winters
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 06:40:28 PM »

I was hoping to (it was my target when the winter work started), but alas the boat is in (my dads) garage all paintwork & varnish stripped with holes in places & a delaminated floor.

Lucky to get it out by End March at the moment........

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 01:26:08 PM »

Lookes like the "Classic" prize is yours for turning up...

Titch  :-*
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

'One-Pint'

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 08:07:02 PM »

Turned up, finished three races, not quite last, got prize.

Actually, really enjoyed it and learnt a lot too, just by watching from the back.  Would have liked to have been joined by some more cl****c boats, maybe next time? If you are put off by the prospect of being at the back, well, I'd say my results were more to do with pilot error than the boat, although of course I don't pretend my boat will ever beat the top sailors sailing the latest kit! but there were moments of promise - even on the last beat I took a place from a tupperware boat - it can be done.

By the way.  You know who you are - you touched the leeward mark - I didn't call you - I didn't think I would need to - but no turns? on your conscience..... 

Regards to all.  Alton is my next diary date.  Club sailing for now.

Andrew
4 Ply
Pages: [1]   Go Up