Phantom Class Forum

• May 17, 2024, 10:03:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another US Boat?  (Read 2804 times)

sailnick

Another US Boat?
« on: December 06, 2010, 08:10:30 PM »

While Rob ("Building a New Wood Boat") is looking to rectify the lack of Phantoms in TN, I too am considering doing so in CA.  I have had the plans/ply templates rolled up in my garage from when I was still living in the UK (1994!), so I think my number is about 948!

Problem is that although I have the plans/templates, and Mark Weston kindly emailed me some mods for the SD cockpit floor, I have just discovered that I do not have the build instructions that I KNOW came with them; I must have lost them in one of my moves around Europe and the US.

So, does anyone out there still have the build instructions from when they built their boat?  If so, can they be scanned and emailed to me?  Failing that, does anyone have Paul Wright's/Brian Taylor's email or mailing address so that I can try to obtain just the instructions again from them?

Also, is there an OFFICIAL plan for the SD cockpit floor, or is it pretty much a free-for-all?  I was talking (via email) to both John Claridge and Steve Boon, and neither builder had used plans for their cockpits; merely did them from experience that I, as a non-boatbuilder, do not have.

Finally, is there a boat register than can be checked to confirm my hull/sail number.  The plans were mailed to me on November 21st 1994, if that helps...

Can any of the Phantom officers help me?

Nick in California

Mike Uher

Re: Another US Boat?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 07:05:59 PM »

Hello Nick if you give me your E Mail address I can scan and send them to you

Cheers Mike

michael@uherm.freeserve.co.uk

sailnick

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 05:29:11 AM »

Brilliant  Mike, thx!  It's sailnick@yahoo.com

Did you build an SD version?  Did you have plans for the cockpit floor or did you wing it?

Nick (from sunny, 21C California  ;D)

Rob

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »

Nick, sorry I missed this post earlier in the month. I have the instructions that Paul Wright mailed to me and would be happy to scan and email them to you. I've got questions about the SD cockpit as well, and was just going to "wing it" when I got to that point. If you get any good info on doing the SD, please share. I'm about 25% of the way into the build at the moment, and so far the plans and instructions from Paul have been great. The panels came out pretty much right on spec, and the assembled hull is within tolerances I think. I've gotten a LOT of help by watching videos of stitch and glue construction on youtube by a guy at Red Barn Boats. He has a ton of tips and tricks that make building easier and faster. PM me if you want, and I'd be happy to update you on what I'm doing with this project.

AlexOg

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 04:37:11 PM »

I know this a long shot but does anyone still have the electronic versions of their plans still about? I'm looking to design a SD cockpit for my woody but don't have any plans so it's proving a bit difficult.

Any help much appreciated.
Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up