Phantom Class Forum

• May 20, 2024, 02:00:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic Phantom Boat Owner Register  (Read 3683 times)

low-bouyancy-man

Classic Phantom Boat Owner Register
« on: June 23, 2007, 09:36:38 AM »

If any owners of Classic/wooden boats would like to register that they have them and also put some notes there of
      name and contact details,
      where they sail,
      how often they get on the water,
      whether they are searching for some fittings, sails etc. etc.,
      whether they wish to sell it,
      or anything else that is relevant,
then can you please let me know you would like this.  I'll start talking with the web-site guru then and see what we can put in place specially for you.

Please react to this suggestion, as without your clear interest, I won't want to spend time if I'm wasting it.

Mike (soon to be an owner of yet another Phantom (wooden this time).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 10:08:43 AM by low-bouyancy-man »

marcus3292

Re: Classic Phantom Boat Owner Register
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 08:53:39 PM »

i think it is a good idea, but do it for all the phantoms, see if we can find out how many are still around, the national twelves are doing this and ive seen the lark website and they have done this aswell
phantom 1116

low-bouyancy-man

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 06:14:06 PM »

Marcus,

Glad to get some support for this, thanks.

Yes, I think it should be expanded to include ALL Phantoms. But my interest is PURELY for the CLASSIC Phantom for now.

If one of my Committee colleagues wishes to encourage every Phantom owner to identify themselves and register their boats without commitment to join the Association, then it has all got to help our aims of improving awareness.

I am convinced we could then pursuade a goodly number of them to join the Association and help us fund a greater range of activities. That new activities will be demanded goes without saying and I hope it comes about.  What would you like to see?

Would you like to give us a hand?

Mike

marcus3292

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 08:41:42 PM »

yeah i would be happy to help, but nothing to do with computers,

i reckon that you could encourage some to join the class association, especially if its still free for new members with a boat older than 950 for the first year, (like me),

there must be a few association memberswho belong to clubs with people in the situation above, maybe they could encourage them to join
phantom 1116

Rich

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 09:14:15 PM »

Good Idea, I for one would be happy to register.

Rich
499 Undergoing Restoration

low-bouyancy-man

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 10:55:25 PM »

Well, Rich and Marcus,

Drop me a line with the details as suggested below and if you can add a piccy as well, so much the better. Send the details via my email address  mike.potter@talktalk.net  and I'll start building the Register as an Excel database.

Talk to your friends if any of them have a boat like you, ask them to get in touch through this forum first with me and then I can start the ball rolling.

Membership will remain free for those with boats under 950 for this year. So please encourage them to get a membership form from the web-site and join us.

Thanks for the effort. I'll buy you a beer at the Nationals.

Mike.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:58:00 PM by low-bouyancy-man »
Pages: [1]   Go Up