Phantom Class Forum

• May 02, 2024, 11:07:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: where are all the claridge boats  (Read 14407 times)

phantom badger

where are all the claridge boats
« on: January 13, 2010, 07:59:57 PM »

hi guys   i was just wondering the where abouts and condition of the 6  claridge made boats, and if poss some photos and specs. 
  i have 896 here in lancs, have a look at the pics ;D
http://s987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/tlrchris123/?newest=1
    cheers badger

'One-Pint'

Re: where are all the claridge boats
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 02:48:13 PM »

Badger & Forum,

My first post! not actually taken posession yet but I will be the owner of 903 shortly.  Are there really only 6 Claridge boats?

Really looking forward to sailing the boat as I have been without a boat for the last year.  Went for the Phantom over RS300 and Blaze.  Hope I wont regret it!

Moving to Phantom from Contender - just not enough water at Lakeside (Peterborough) for dangling on string and before that, Solo. 

I am a light helm but working on getting past the 80kg mark! The things we do for sport.  Hope to sail the Eastern series. 

AB

4 Ply

jez_Southwold

• Southwold Sailing Club
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 03:58:38 PM »

Is that the one that recently sold on ebay?

We look forward to seeing you on the Eastern Series! Next event is at Up river SC on the 10/11 April, quickly followed by Hunts on the 17th.
Jez - 1259 "Sweet Chariot"

'One-Pint'

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 05:14:53 PM »

Jez,

No, that was 906.  This is a sale within the club.  I've known the boat for several years and sailed it a couple of times in competition.  I've been put off Phantoms due to my weight but I think I'll cope!

The boat is just being painted and varnished now.  Not long to wait I hope.  Its fully carbonised (if that's a verb), light and dry.  ;)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:18:50 PM by soloist »
4 Ply

AndyGregory

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 07:55:01 PM »

Soloist,

At Stewartby Water Sports Club (near Bedford) we have a new phantom fleet. This include a number of modern epoxy boats, and the fastest woodie at the recent winter champs; not sure if it is a Claridge though.

Given that Lakeside is about 45 mins away, if you fancy coming down and sailing with us sometime you would be more than welcome. This weekend there is some class training on the saturday, and a handicap open on the Sunday. Both events are open to all comers so please feel free attend. The only thing I would ask is that you PM, Little Monster, Phantom Titch and I so that we can forecast the attendance for organisational purposes.

Andy

Mark

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 09:27:55 AM »

Soloist
I sail the woodie at Stewartby,  not a Claridge but similarly one of the few Ledger boats, light as woodies go,  and likewise getting to the varish point again :'(.

Please come and join us for a sail!  It would be good to race another similar boat.

Small friendly club,  rapidly growing very helpful Phantom fleet, and for the lightweight phantom sailors- good food in large portions!

As Andy said open handicap this Sunday  and a phantom training day on Saturday

Mark  1039

'One-Pint'

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »

Thanks guys.  This weekend is out unfortunately but I will bear you in mind for the future.  I remember sailing at Stewartby with the Solos.  Have you got the 412 sorted out yet? thats a pig of a road...

4 Ply

Little Monster

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 10:18:48 AM »

Mark

"good food in large portions!"

Blatant advertising......  Are you on a commission from the Mrs? ;)

Mark

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 11:54:01 AM »

Of course,  daren't do anything other!!  :)

Duncw

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 02:04:09 PM »

Hi all,

I have just started racing 904 in Hampshire.  Photos to follow soon.

Much to learn !

Duncan (904)
Claridge - 904

fat freddy

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 04:10:04 PM »

Phantom claiming to be claridge 933 on ebay today , funny though I have 933 too and its a Len Smith according to my measurement cert , anyone know whats going on ??????,
Phantom 933

Ocean Strider

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.creeksea.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »

Fat Freddy - I think the sail is "marked 933" and he may not be claiming that the boat is actually 933....

Having said that, it does look like a Claridge to me - perhaps not 933 though....
Chris Roberts
1395 "Gromit"

phantom badger

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 06:30:58 PM »

hi, if it was a claridge it should have a ally plate on the bulkhead, it says the makers name,sail number,and what year it was made.  well mine does anyway.  im not saying its not a claridge,   i am selling mine with a carbon mast and boom in a couple of weeks as iv just got a plastic one,   cheers chris 896

John Torrance

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 07:54:49 PM »

There are 6 Clarridges to my knowledge sail numbers 896,897,904,905,906 and 912. There were a number of people who built imposters that nearly looked like the real thing.
I hope this helps
John

'One-Pint'

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »

OOh John! I hope 903 is on your list as the real thing and not an imposter! Must admit, I don't have the measurement certificate but it does bear JC's plate on the bulkhead.  Have I been diddled?

:o
4 Ply
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up