Phantom Class Forum

• May 05, 2024, 12:06:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Salcombe 2018  (Read 6486 times)

stevepopple

Salcombe 2018
« on: September 19, 2018, 11:03:59 AM »

who's going ?

anybody know of any reasonably priced  Salcombe B & Bs ?

Coastbuster

Re: Salcombe 2018
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 12:26:03 PM »

Give me ten minutes I am just about to publish all the details.

Coastbuster

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 01:29:51 PM »

Salcombe Open Meeting  6th and 7th October

I have been contacted today by Ian Stewart who is an organiser and Phantom sailor at Salcombe. We are invited to race with their 6 home boats on the lovely Salcombe estuary a fantastic venue which is prized by many fleets including the Merlin Rocket and National 12 class especially.
The format is two races per day so not too taxing, with the races back to back. It is worth a glimpse at Google maps ( other mapping programs are available) as the sailing Club is in a beautiful location overlooking the estuary whereas the launching slipway is a short walk away through the town at the lower car park.
Food is available with possibly sponsored ( not confirmed yet) BEER.
Ian has arranged the highly unusual permission for Campers and Motorhomes to park overnight on the Saturday and the for those that need to the Friday nights for around ten pounds per night.
This is also the dinghy area where the boats will be launched and stored.
We are very privileged to be invited here and I know many were talking of attending. This will also be posted on our new Facebook page so please indicate if you are able to attend to assist the organisers.
Hope to see you there (preferably sailing)
Simon "Bruce 1454 "

The Belgian

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 03:19:53 PM »

I'll be there on Friday and very much looking forward to it.
Hope your fit to sail Simon.
Ivan 1300

Coastbuster

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 07:38:43 AM »

I really hope so Ivan. The torture is getting me down now. However if it is not to be I will spend a couple of happy hours there re-arranging trolleys and watching from the balcony.

Neil 758

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 11:31:04 AM »

I really hope so Ivan. The torture is getting me down now. However if it is not to be I will spend a couple of happy hours there re-arranging trolleys and watching from the balcony.
Would there be any possibility you could do a bit more drone footage Simon? The video of the start line at the Nationals was excellent and could be a useful learning tool for those of us desperately trying to improve.

Coastbuster

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »

Yes certainly will if I cant sail.

gordon Kingston

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 01:20:45 PM »

Sorry cant make this one.
Gordon

Coastbuster

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »

https://www.salcombeyc.org.uk/event/salcombe-brewery-lark-phantom-open-1

Salcombe page with Nor details and Alistair is offering to show racers the area on a rib on Saturday morning. Reminder that campers and motorhomes are being allowed in the car park by the slipway. I am told the website may have local accomodation details. Cant wait!!!!!

Jim 1400

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 01:36:13 PM »

On current plans Chris Biglin and myself will be there, just about recovered from the nationals. Really looking forward to it.
Jim 1400

Cabbage

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 03:54:42 PM »

I should be there.
Is there an 'advised' route through Salcombe to Batson Creek when towing? It was tight enough just driving a Volvo there, never mind a trailer on the back of a van??
Rich

Chris Shelton

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 10:42:40 PM »

I will be making the long trip from Kent to attend, and then staying on in the area for a few days. Will it be possible to leave the boat in Salcombe for an extra couple of days as I am not sure about the parking details at the accommodation?
Chris 1211

Coastbuster

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 07:56:55 PM »

From Alister
Detailed final approach to he launch site
When you drive in to the top of Salcombe pass the petrol station on your right. Go down the small hill and take the 1st left after the garage. Follow this road down until it narrows and there is a left corner. At the end of the left turn turn left towards the health centre. Follow this road past the two roads to the car parks and straight after take the first right. Follow the road past the shops and past the car park. The boat park is the turning after the car park with a kiosk in the entrance. I will ask Scud where to park but I would think you can park anywhere outside the fenced off area. Any questions as you arrive (or anybody else) please call.

Coastbuster

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 07:58:25 PM »

I will be making the long trip from Kent to attend, and then staying on in the area for a few days. Will it be possible to leave the boat in Salcombe for an extra couple of days as I am not sure about the parking details at the accommodation?
Chris 1211
chris , Alister says it will be fine to leave the boat.

timplatt

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 12:30:46 PM »

Hi

Left it a bit late to get organised, but I am hoping to attend, depending on getting a B&B booked.

Can anyone make my life easier, and save me hours of research, by giving me some contact details.

Thanks

Tim
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up