Phantom Class Forum

• May 18, 2024, 05:01:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2017 podium positions and prize winners  (Read 1433 times)

The Belgian

2017 podium positions and prize winners
« on: November 14, 2017, 09:46:04 AM »

Well done Nick on a well sailed and a very deserving series win in some difficult conditions.
Podium postions go to Nick Orman first, Simon Hawkes second and Paul
Birbeck third, well done.
Thanks to all 52 competitors and race winners for racing in some testing conditions at some fantastic clubs this year and thanks to the fleet captains at those clubs.
The winners of Optimum Time Watches from the draw at Burghfield were  Nick Orman as winner, Olly Hopkins, Dave Patrick, Ian Stewart, James Dawson, Nick Mason and Gordon Kingston won a £50 North Sails voucher.
I'm not far off finalising next years fixtures including a new one in Salcombe to look farward too. Final results are done and sent in and will be on the website soon.
Good luck winter sailors and lets all keep encouraging new sailors over to the dark side !!!
Ivan 1300

Phil_1193

• Administrator
Re: 2017 podium positions and prize winners
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 06:03:27 AM »

Would that be the same NOrman with the boat with no measurement certificate as he hasn't sent the forms to our treasurer yet even though he's had the boat over a year?

Well done, but if it got out he hasn't technically got a leagal boat the ensuing protest and inevitable disqualification would be embarassing for him??

:) :) ;)

And yes this is a blatent attempt through peer group pressure embarassing him into getting off his arse and sending the forms to Matt rather than making excuses!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:21:03 AM by Phil_1193 »

DaveP

Re: 2017 podium positions and prize winners
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »

So that's it for the year for Southern Travellers, and my first year  of Phantom opens. Or any opens for that matter. Thanks Ivan for a great mix of 1 and 2 day events, pond and sea.

As for my fleet position, well my anteater and I have been watching you all carefully (admittedly, mostly from behind) and have concluded we like it on the dark side and we'll be back next year. Bring it on.

Dave 1318
Pages: [1]   Go Up