Phantom Class Forum

• May 26, 2024, 03:25:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Its back the Shoreham Open 3/4 August  (Read 3759 times)

Captain Slow

Its back the Shoreham Open 3/4 August
« on: May 09, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »

Hi All

Just thought would post here first as I know a few of you sailors will be keen to attend this open prior to the Nats.

Another open on the 3/4 August at the wonderful Shoreham venue has been added to the Southern Calendar.

Also a fantastic weekend and great practice prior to the Nats.

Ian please can you add this date to the site when you have a minute.

Apparently rumour has it Popsicle has gone green ;-)

Nick

Captain Slow

Re: Its back the Shoreham Open 3/4 August
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »

Hi Ladies

We have added Shoreham open to the Southern Calendar for the 4/5 Aug.

Please add to diaries!

Tyler has promised everyone a free beer which is nice after getting the course wrong last year!

Nick

Olly

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 04:04:11 PM »

Happy days I shall be there. I would imagine my lanky streak of piss friend tickle will be there as well
Olly Hopkins

One Life

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 09:31:43 PM »

Yahoo........I'll be there......

maxibuddah

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:37:07 PM »

oh you are so coarse Olly, the phrase is "a lanky streak of urine" boy
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

Olly

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »

Sorry Ian my mistake. Did you get that Frensham report by the way?
Olly Hopkins

maxibuddah

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 08:49:11 AM »

Yes mate but I haven't been doing anything with the site until yesterday had other things on my mind that were more important. I will try to post it later
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

Erics Grunt

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 12:53:35 PM »

Right Guys,
Sorry for the delay, but it will soon be time to warm up for the Nationals.
I am awaiting confirmation from the Merlin guys (who we are sharing with) but I believe the first start will be about 14-00 on the Saturday and 11-00 on the Sunday.

The Club will be open on the Friday evening if any one is thinking of turning up early.

I know a few of the eastern boys are coming across as well as a rumour of a couple of recent champs doing some tuning!

So who's coming as I need to set Slows bar tab up!!

Tyler

Captain Slow

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 10:00:09 AM »

Hi Folks

Shoreham this weekend! Going to be spot on as always which some super racing! So please please can we support this event and get a decent turn out.

So who is coming please?

Kind Regards

Nick (Slow)

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 08:50:08 AM »

Titch, Titches Bird & Titches Grandaugter will be there :o

Titch :-*
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

Olly

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 11:19:51 AM »

I'm in
Olly Hopkins

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »

Thanks to Tyler and the Shoreham team for a great event, interesting sea on Saturday plus perfect weather on Sunday, great social even if they did have to go out and get more beer, run etc... looking forward to the Nationals now... 8)
Titch :-*
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

Captain Slow

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 10:08:41 AM »

Thank you to Tyler and Team for putting on superb racing as always at Shoreham. Well done to all especially Tyler who was seriously quick down wind in the waves and definatley a contender this year at the Nats!

Going to be an amazing nationals this year at a brilliant location with a club who know how to run races and fantastic social!

Anyone who is not sure about Shoreham it's simply a brilliant place to sail.

Thank you all
Nick

RHYC 1

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »

Seconded. Thanks to all.
Awesome sailing Saturday, worth all the aches and pains.
Ther should be some pics on Warwickpics.com
See you for the Nationals.

Matthew 1355

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 12:02:40 PM »

11 eager Phantom helms arrived at Shoreham Sailing Club on Saturday 3rd August to compete in the Phantom Southern Series event, sponsored by Monkey Marine. Shoreham is the host of our 2013 Nationals in September so a good warm up event especially for the pond sailors like myself. The event was shared with the Merlin Rockets who were all practising for there Nationals the following week and part or the Silver Tiller series.

Race 1 - (F3-4 gusting 5) was started promptly and Nick Orman cracked the start without even knowing it, as he had only just made the port end, he tacked away behind John Wayling who was only just beaten to the windward mark by local hero Tyler Harmsworh, Nick managed to get past Tyler on the reach and hold to the finish, John could only watch Matthew House and Simon Hawkes sail by as his technique was one of survival due to the "Lumps" which were developing in the wind over tide conditions. Nick managed to get past Tyler on the next beat and Matt past Simon finishing in a Nick, Tyler, Matt - 123.

Race 2 - (F3-4 gusting 5) was postponed too Sunday due to bigger lumps and less safety cover due to saving Andy Spencer from the fisherman's line and Harbour wall...

Race 2 Re-run - (F3, gusting 4) A clean start by the fleet and some very close racing with the top 5 all changing places, Tyler fought he way through to the lead but was never out of the sights of Simon or Nick who finished closely behind in that order with Matt a very close 4th and John languishing in 5th and still trying to remember how to catch at least one wave!

Race 3 - Brilliant sunshine, nice waves, F3 - Was a repeat of race 2 with a Tyler, Simon & Nick 123...

Race 4 - Even warmer, with the waves building slightly due to a tide beginning to change and a slight increase in wind or was it me getting tired?, with the line being heavily reset following the Merlin general recall and re-start, it was a Port Biased affair but we were away cleanly, the AWOL Nick who had exhausted himself, following the large intake of wine and Flu tablets the result was going to be different, but Tyler set off like a poltergeist and Simon followed round his trail, both Matt and John had a battle royal, I think we changed places a dozen times, on all point of sailing, but the final 3 were Tyler, Simon & John who only pipped Matt by seconds to the line.

New boy to the sea and Southern circuit Andy Spencer from Burton (Pond) had an eventful weekend, 1 broken mast and 1 angry Fisherman, but a tick in the box in preparation for the Nationals, Local Boy Bill Whitney won the first club boat as Tyler took the overall trophy and Adam Perry & Clive Morley just has a "Lovely Weekend on the Lumpy stuff and a few? pints on Saturday night".

The Phantom class would like to thank Shoreham Sailing Club for running a cracking event, the weather helped tremendously and also Monkey Marine for sponsoring the event.

Next stop for the Phantom's is the East Coast Champs @ Southwold, this weekend...

Overall Results;
1st 1340 - Tyler Harmsworth
2nd    55 - Simon Hawkes
3rd 1383 - Nick Orman
4th 1355 - Matthew House
5th 1175 - John Wayling
6th 1414 - Bill Whitney
7th 1281 - Adam Perry
8th 1317 - Gareth Griffiths
9th 1184 - Clive Morley
10th 1139 - Andy Spencer
11th 1298 - Olly Hopkins
Pages: [1]   Go Up