Phantom Class Forum

• May 18, 2024, 06:21:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frensham Open  (Read 3153 times)

xphantomphixer

• Spinnaker SC
Frensham Open
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:39:53 PM »

Hi all,

Good to see everyone at Frensham (those who still bother with Phantoms   :D). God it was shifty and it looks the same in every direction!  At least on our puddle there are isalnd to help work out where you should be going!   ::) :o

Thanks to all the gang at Frensham for a good day out.  You made us feel very welcome and we'll be back next year - if you'll have us!!

Phil
Between Boats.... :( 
Spinnaker SC

JeremyH

Re: Frensham Open
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 08:23:31 AM »

Great to see everyone and thanks for the support.  When the wind turned a bit more southerly in the afternoon you got some of Frenshams shiftiest weather near bouys 7 & 8  :o.   At least we had some wind as it looked a bit dodgy and calm first thing in the morning .....  Great day and so good to see 18 phantoms on the water  ...  only dissapointment was how much food was left over from the tea ... the Phantom sailors reputation is at risk ..  must try harder next year  ;D

Captain Slow

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:48:08 AM »

Thank you to all out Frensham, an excellent days yachting in some very shifty conditions but the RO set some excellent courses and we had some close racing. The hospitality Frensham showed was second to none and the event extremely well organised.

Well done to the local sailors who came 1,2 who showed us how to sail at Frensham in Race 1 and 3!

Man of the Match however goes to Pro-Lube who won his first Phantom race in Race 2 and showed he will be one to watch this season. He was also leading Race 3 but obviously the pressure of Sloow behind him led both of us to the wrong mark! Bloody students! Tim was also in the top 3 in the third race when his toestrap snapped! Well done Tim.

Sloow

Timandrews

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:16:09 PM »

Oh thanks Nick, that is so kind of you!!

Bloody good event though, very well run weekend so thanks very much to all the guys at Frensham! also great turnout from all the phants!

Tim

jez_Southwold

• Southwold Sailing Club
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:18:26 PM »

Guys,

can you let me have results and a report (who finished 5th?!) and I'll get it on the website and Y&Y asap.

Cheers,

Jez.
Jez - 1259 "Sweet Chariot"

JeremyH

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 03:28:21 PM »

So far as I recall:
1st - Clive Eplett
2nd - Tim Hemsley
3rd - Tim Andrews
4th - Nick Orman
5th - Ian Jay

.....  So there you have it ...  Maxi to report 

maxibuddah

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 03:41:40 PM »

nope this is the south, we take the responsible view that the host club to write their own bloody reports....;)

anywAY the one arm bandit told me he had it in hand, he pass to Frensham's publicity officer who will pass it on to Y&Y and to me for the website. job done
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

JeremyH

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »

Perfect ...  sounds good to me

Captain Slow

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 04:14:11 PM »

"we take it that the host club write their reports"

Excellent that means your writing the one for SBSC in 2 weeks  ;D

Nicholas

maxibuddah

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »

nope that will be cabbages responsibility these days, I've written them for the last 15 years for various classes. fed up of saying how great Tom was, that hurt...
Anyway the report. Lightweight freak wins first race. Race 2, too much wins for them heavy bloke wins. Race 3 wind eases a little but heavy blokes gift the lightweight freak an easy win. Is that what happened?
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up